Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Pano or not to Pano

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a pano roof and if I were to do it again, I would get it WITHOUT.

First, I live in Santa Clara, CA. Very sunny almost every day and cooler at night. It gets very hot during the day and at night, roof gets rather cold. Had difficulty time controlling internal climate due to glass roof with very little insulation. This may be solved with sunshade.

I don't have many back seat passengers, so can't speak to "limited" head space.

I also had creaks, but after 2 days in Freemont service center, no creaks--now for 2 months in hot and cold weather.

I never use the sun roof, nor do I look up that much to see the sky. I only got it "just because". could've lived without it.

@gg_got_a_tesla...thanks for your suggestions a while back about visiting Capitola. Love the beach.

good luck.

I would NOT get the PANA ROOF. Too many problems. I believe there's a flaw in the design. I was driving yesterday and opened the roof and the wind visor broke and cracked the "fixed" glass behind the retractable roof. Some how the sunroof cracked the glass. It took 4 attempts to close the sunroof. It would close about 80% and then stop. Luckily it closed before it started to rain.