Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Book of Records for the Model S...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

> Highest elevation driven to date: Cottonwood at Trail Ridge CO, 12,183'

Did Mt. Evans, CO yesterday: Tues.2013.05.28. Parking lot is @14,130 ft elevation. Did not hike the additional 134 feet up to the peak since I forgot to bring parka. It was 32*F and breezy!! Highest paved road in North America. ModelS handled this nicely, as expected. A Parks Dept utility truck was close on my tail all the way up from Summit Lake, but I zoomed on the straightaways. He caught up on the hairpins though. ModelS loses NO torque at high altitude, Doh!! Was here last Friday but the road could not be opened until the next day. Also, someone may have made this climb last summer season (2012). So only a tentative record this.
--

> Highest elevation driven to date: Cottonwood at Trail Ridge CO, 12,183'

Did Mt. Evans, CO yesterday: Tues.2013.05.28. Parking lot is @14,130 ft elevation. Did not hike the additional 134 feet up to the peak since I forgot to bring parka. It was 32*F and breezy!! Highest paved road in North America. ModelS handled this nicely, as expected. A Parks Dept utility truck was close on my tail all the way up from Summit Lake, but I zoomed on the straightaways. He caught up on the hairpins though. ModelS loses NO torque at high altitude, Doh!! Was here last Friday but the road could not be opened until the next day. Also, someone may have made this climb last summer season (2012). So only a tentative record this.
--

Awesome to hear wycolo! Where'd you charge before? Cottonwood RV or Park Meadows?

> Also, someone may have made this climb last summer season (2012).

Denver Tesla Store reports a Denver ModelS 60kwh did Mt Evans on Sat May 25th. So good for that owner!

> Where'd you charge before? Cottonwood RV or Park Meadows? [huntjo]

That RV Park is problematic due to son-father good cop-bad cop situation. Cannot recommend.

Park Meadows is 50 miles away but only uses 30 range miles to get there. Tesla Store chargers actually provide ~45 mph (70A but only ~190V). Not the full Monty. :frown:

The day I drove up Mt Evans I charged at a nearby facility who must remain anon. But it was nice to see the UMC serving up 40A @ 240V = 9.6kw (30mph).
--

^ amazing! Probably the only person alive who might have seen the early Baker/Columbia/Detroit Electric cars when she was little!
I'm a couple years late in my response, but almost the first car I ever drove, when I was 11 years old, was a 1903 Baker. I was little then, so she was not the only person alive to have driven one of those when she (he) was little. Of course it was not mine. I prefer my P85D, to be perfectly frank.