Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire swapping and TPMS reset

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. You don't want to be going through a full mount and balance every 6 months. Around here, you'd eat up the cost of having just purchased a second set of wheels within 2-3 years, and that's to say nothing of the risk of tire and wheel damage.

I checked the prices and around here it appeared to be cheaper to do the full mount and balance every six months than to buy a full set of extraordinarily expensive wheels. Maybe the prices for mounting and balancing vary massively by region based on prevailing labor costs.

I just had my winter tires/wheels taken off and my regular tires/wheels put on at a local place. The VDS says to reset the TPMS. Does a SC have to do that or can the local place do that? The car obviously did not remember the tires/wheels from when they were on earlier in the year....

I just had my winter tires/wheels taken off and my regular tires/wheels put on at a local place. The VDS says to reset the TPMS. Does a SC have to do that or can the local place do that? The car obviously did not remember the tires/wheels from when they were on earlier in the year....
No, YOU can do this. There is a setting under Controls: Settings; Vehicle; Wheels. Reset Sensors.