Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tips to savour battery (vacation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m off on hols for a few weeks; I won’t be able to leave plugged in unfortunately, so after tips to ensure I don’t come back to a dead battery.

Anyrhing special I should do? I guess turning off sentry mode and not constantly waking the car by loading the app will be the main two contributing factors to avoiding phantom drain?

You should be fine if you make sure sentry is off and ensure the car is locked.

If you have cabin over heat on be best to turn that off too.

I have Teslafi and the car sleeps no problem and does allow checking the car without waking.

Have a nice break and don't worry about it :)

You should be fine if you make sure sentry is off and ensure the car is locked.

If you have cabin over heat on be best to turn that off too.

I have Teslafi and the car sleeps no problem and does allow checking the car without waking.

Have a nice break and don't worry about it :)
I don't use Teslafi but I do use the API's. When you say it allows you to check the car without waking it. It would allow you to check the state of the car i.e. awake or asleep ( which is very handy to know don't get me wrong) but if it is telling you anything more than that then it or something else is waking up the car because that is literally all you can find out without doing so

I don't use Teslafi but I do use the API's. When you say it allows you to check the car without waking it. It would allow you to check the state of the car i.e. awake or asleep ( which is very handy to know don't get me wrong) but if it is telling you anything more than that then it or something else is waking up the car because that is literally all you can find out without doing so
It stores the last known data to recall whilst asleep, then refreshes when awake...

Exactly, normally mine will happily sleep for 3/4days then wake for a little, I guess to top up the 12v then will sleep again.

Can't speak for others but I find it useful to know how I left it without waking everything up. Thus increasing range loss.

Just looked back and in 4 days I lost 1%