Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third-party Tesla service centers in MA or NH?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any Recommendations on third-party Tesla repair shops in Massachusetts or New Hampshire?

I have about had it with Tesla service. I had a few THC codes after replacing a 12 V battery and my AC stopped working. While in service they diagnosed it as a bad compressor and quoted $800 for replacement. Approved. Changed it to waiting for parts and likely done by Friday.

Then I get a call later that day recommending that we flush the system as well for an additional $1200.

And then another late last night that they will need to replace the whole system for $6000 and that they will give me a good trade in amount for it if I want to go that route.

The car hasn’t moved from waiting on parts since the first quote was approved.

Something is not adding up, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2016 model s p90d
96k miles

• Informative
Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Tesla service don't know how to do ANYTHING other than swapping entire systems and padding the bill. Why would they need to COMPLETELY replace the air conditioning system - if they were flushing it instead? The only moving part is the compressor. I'm sure they adjusted the bill to remove the flush when they changed their suggestion.... Or didn't, b/c then they get extra money!

Definitely go to Electrified Garage, just by the NH border north of Boston. They are great, and will be straight with you.

Reactions: sikintentionz
Tesla service don't know how to do ANYTHING other than swapping entire systems and padding the bill. Why would they need to COMPLETELY replace the air conditioning system - if they were flushing it instead? The only moving part is the compressor. I'm sure they adjusted the bill to remove the flush when they changed their suggestion.... Or didn't, b/c then they get extra money!

Definitely go to Electrified Garage, just by the NH border north of Boston. They are great, and will be straight with you.
Spoke with John and Chris at Electrified Garage and dropped the car off at the Amesbury MA location for service Wednesday. Appreciate everyone’s feedback!

Reactions: geordi
I have used Duncan in Londonderry for tire service, brake lube, and inspections. Classy, family run business. They are a bit on pricey side as they do Mercedes and BMW work but IMHO, saves time and mileage. I’ve sat in Peabody for hours sometimes