Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The moment my life changed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a photo of a moment when my life changed - confirming my Tesla order. As an environmentalist, my guilty pleasure has always been fast cars. Now, for the first time in my life, I will be able to drive one without guilt. I've never been this excited about a street car in my life. *tears of joy* Thank you, Elon.

TeslaOrder2sm.jpg

Welcome to the ownership club!

If anyone deserves racing strips from the factory; yours does. And if you didn't configure a P85+ I hope Elon delivers you one anyway. Maybe even P85+++!

Welcome to the ultimate club! ( What took you so long? :tongue:)

I've never been this excited about a street car in my life. *tears of joy* Thank you, Elon.

The best part of it all is - that feeling doesn't go away. I've placed my reservation well over a year ago and received the car in February. I'm now even more excited about it than I was at the point of order or delivery. It's not just like buying any other new toy where you get used to it and then it blends into the background. Instead everything else blends into the background :).

It's just such a joy being in the car that I find the tiniest excuse for a road trip. Over just the last month:

* Want to grab a burger? BurgerMaster is 5 miles from here. Nah, let's do 180 miles to Centralia instead.
* We have some leftover hot dogs. We could just BBQ them up at home... or... 160 mile day trip to Deception pass.
* Need some Raja Curry powder imported from South Africa and only sold in Vancouver? Oh, you say we have hot, but not medium? They sell it online... nah. 280 mile day trip.
* Can't see on the web site whether KOA in Leavenworth has tent sites with electrical hookups. I could just phone them up... or... nope 210 mile day trip.
* And then there were the actual planned trips! Camping. Picnicking. Scouting. Visiting friends and family I haven't seen in years. Seeing more of our beautiful state than I did in the 10 years before that.

And that's after having had the car for 6 months. Yip. That feeling doesn't go away.

Like you said it - Thank you, Elon!

Ditto. Got mine November 15th and I'm more enamored with it now than then!

Welcome to the ultimate club! ( What took you so long? :tongue:)

The best part of it all is - that feeling doesn't go away. I've placed my reservation well over a year ago and received the car in February. I'm now even more excited about it than I was at the point of order or delivery. It's not just like buying any other new toy where you get used to it and then it blends into the background. Instead everything else blends into the background :).

It's just such a joy being in the car that I find the tiniest excuse for a road trip. Over just the last month:

* Want to grab a burger? BurgerMaster is 5 miles from here. Nah, let's do 180 miles to Centralia instead.
* We have some leftover hot dogs. We could just BBQ them up at home... or... 160 mile day trip to Deception pass.
* Need some Raja Curry powder imported from South Africa and only sold in Vancouver? Oh, you say we have hot, but not medium? They sell it online... nah. 280 mile day trip.
* Can't see on the web site whether KOA in Leavenworth has tent sites with electrical hookups. I could just phone them up... or... nope 210 mile day trip.
* And then there were the actual planned trips! Camping. Picnicking. Scouting. Visiting friends and family I haven't seen in years. Seeing more of our beautiful state than I did in the 10 years before that.

And that's after having had the car for 6 months. Yip. That feeling doesn't go away.

Like you said it - Thank you, Elon!

Way to go! You'll love the car and you'll have no regrets!

This is a photo of a moment when my life changed - confirming my Tesla order. As an environmentalist, my guilty pleasure has always been fast cars. Now, for the first time in my life, I will be able to drive one without guilt. I've never been this excited about a street car in my life. *tears of joy* Thank you, Elon.

View attachment 26534

Isn't leather standard on the P85?

Yes it is, but Elon was very kind and made an exception for me. Hopefully in the near future this option will be available to everyone. I personally already know of two people who have ordered the base model instead of the Performance in order to avoid the leather. Someone posted this petition on my FB page, asking to for the textile option offered on all models: Ask Tesla Motors to offer Non-Leather / Vegan options for all models. - The Petition Site