Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The long wait is finally over!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least 5 Model S Signature were delivered in Laval, Quebec today (december 21, 2012).

Here is about a dozen pictures ... will add some more tomorrow ... just follow the link:

http://roulezelectrique.com/tesla-s-un-gros-cadeau-de-noel-a-laval/

PatPeterson finally got his Model S ... he drove it back to Quebec City (about 260 KM from Laval) through a major snow storm. He made it with only 17 KM left.

Sly

Merci pour les photos Sylvain

Did MB leave Laval with a full charge? I find it surprising that he was only able to do 260km including a bit of charging with his 480km pack. Conditions might have been worse that here in Mtl. The simulator on the TM website estimates that at 65 mph, 21 inch wheels, temp 32F and heat on, TMS could do 207 miles (320 km).

just ordered the mid-pack and thought that it was fine to make Qc City... now I doubt

Merci pour les photos Sylvain

Did MB leave Laval with a full charge? I find it surprising that he was only able to do 260km including a bit of charging with his 480km pack. Conditions might have been worse that here in Mtl. The simulator on the TM website estimates that at 65 mph, 21 inch wheels, temp 32F and heat on, TMS could do 207 miles (320 km).

just ordered the mid-pack and thought that it was fine to make Qc City... now I doubt

Yes, I can confirm it was a range charge before he left.

Conditions were not good ... which caused some drag. Also, with winter tires you lose at least 10% of range (IMHO). MB was «learning» about his car ... it was his first drive. We stopped at Berthierville ... my VOLT needed gas !! :-O.

He had his very 21 inches wheels with him ... they are quite heavy.

He also had a door slightly opened and we noticed that only in Berthierville ... consequence he had to heat up a lot to minimize the fogging in the windows.

My opinion is that -15°C with a dry highway will be better for range than 0°C with slush and snow !!

But anyway ... with our Quebec's climate, we better have alternate plans !! I think that you guys driving Quebec-Montreal will appreciate the 3 CS90 (70 AMPS) charger available mid-way in Trois-Rivières !! :)

Last edited:
Gratz. Wow, the snow blew away that building!

Yeah a real gale... those photos were of course 300 kilometers apart. Must have been a heck of a wind to move my car that far without unplugging it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I can confirm it was a range charge before he left.

Conditions were not good ... which caused some drag. Also, with winter tires you lose at least 10% of range (IMHO). MB was «learning» about his car ... it was his first drive. We stopped at Berthierville ... my VOLT needed gas !! :-O.

He had his very 21 inches wheels with him ... they are quite heavy.

He also had a door slightly opened and we noticed that only in Berthierville ... consequence he had to heat up a lot to minimize the fogging in the windows.

My opinion is that -15°C with a dry highway will be better for range than 0°C with slush and snow !!

How fast were you driving? Speed is by far the biggest factor. Once you go above 90 kph it really starts to gobble the electrons.