Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question between 2022 MSLR and 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have a 2020 Model S Long Range Plus, has a magnetic motor in rear so it might be the Raven. Anyways, today I drove the brand new Model 3 (the one with the with new headlights / tail lights) and holy cow it is such a better drive than my current Model S.. Less power for sure, but sooooo much smoother.

My question is, I’m now considering trading my current Model S in for a 2022 Model S long range, or a brand new 2024 Model S long range… Is there ANY reason why I should spend more for a brand new 2024 over a 2022 besides having a newer battery and less miles on the car? Like any other differences? I can’t find any.

As always, recommend you test drive the both to see which better fits your needs.

Some of the differences on the 2024:
Steering wheel with Yoke as an option vs 2022 Yoke Only
More range and slightly faster charging
Improvements to quietness and handling
Adjustable Infotainment and rear seat screen with climate controls and faster chip
Ventilated Front Seats
HW4 vs HW3.5
General better build quality and improvements
Colors - Stealth Grey and Ultra Red

As always, recommend you test drive the both to see which better fits your needs.

Adjustable Infotainment and rear seat screen with climate controls and faster chip
Ventilated Front Seats
HW4 vs HW3.5
Thank you. Appreciate those details. Yes the brand new Model 3 is incredibly smooth. Clear difference from a 2020.

Ventilated Front Seats
HW4 vs HW3.5
Wut? I have a 22 MS and ventilated seats are standard

Also top speed on I believe 23+ is limited to 130 but that’s really only if you care about going to the drags like I do
24+ LR that's limited to 130. And I believe that's only in the US.

Another difference is the farside airbags in the seats. Not sure precisely when they added them, but my 11/2023 S has them, my dad's May 2022 X does not. Those are retrofittable per the service manual.