Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redemption questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 7 years of Tesla ownership I finally had a friend use my referral code to buy a new Y. I wasn’t sure how these redemptions worked (for subscription type items so maybe some of you know).

I just picked up my new Model S about 7 weeks ago so I have 1 year free of premium connectivity. I wanted to use much of these new Tesla points to redeem a new subscriptions for premium connectivity but wasn’t sure how it worked..

1. If I purchase now, will the clock start to tick on it even though I already have free connectivity right now or will Tesla know not to start the new redeemed subscription until my one year runs out?

2. What if I redeem 2, 3 or 4 years of PC? Will Tesla bank those purchases and know that I will have PC for however many years I redeem? I would hate to redeem 3 years of PC only to find out they all run at the same time, while I already have it free for a year.

My redemption points expire in a year, so theoretically I don’t have to do it right now but I figure if I can “bank” the purchases for future years, there is no real downside to doing it right away.

When I purchased my X it came with one year of Premium Connectivity. I subscribed to more after only a few months ownership and didn’t start getting charged until after the initial free year expired. Leads me to believe they’re capable of keeping track of this stuff and your free years will all be one after the other as you would expect.

Reactions: Struja
When I purchased my X it came with one year of Premium Connectivity. I subscribed to more after only a few months ownership and didn’t start getting charged until after the initial free year expired. Leads me to believe they’re capable of keeping track of this stuff and your free years will all be one after the other as you would expect.
That’s sort of what I hoped for (or expect) but I’ve been a Tesla owner long enough to know that they don’t always do things that make sense.