Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally Supercharged!

We got to take advantage of the Waco Supercharger twice, this week. It's an amazing thing, to watch the miles tick back onto the battery at a full 120kW! When we got there on Monday, an MC Red S60 was there so we parked our Green S85 next to it for a perfect Christmas-themed pic which Tesla Owners of Texas put on their FB page.

It is interesting that there are only two rectifier stacks at that location, split into 4 stalls each. It's also interesting to see other MS owners not understand how they are split up. Our lone car had just finished charging in stall A4 and another MS pulled in and plugged up to stall A1. We chatted for a bit and I happily shared the knowledge, but a little customer education goes a long way for owner experience. It would really be cool if a small graphic popped up to show which stall would be optimal for charging upon arriving at a Supercharger. Maybe some telemetry back to the mothership to show occupied, but slowed or no charging. Meh, maybe someday.

My next Supercharged trip is to Kerrville by way of San Marcos or Waco. WOOOOOOOT!!

Just received updated pictures of Superchargers from the Contractor today, fences and gates have now been painted white at both the Collin Street Bakery locations.
Many thanks to Leslie!!!

attachment.jpeg

Corsicana with fresh coat of white paint on the ESVE equipment paddock.

attachment-5.jpeg

Waco/Bellmead fence with new white paint
In my opinion, really goes well with the CSB white buildings, (and of course the white charging pedestals).:biggrin:

We shouldn't put too much emphasis on the location of the dot to the millimeter. I emailed the supercharger team recently with suggestions about a route to the coast including South Padre Island and the I-10 route, and in their reply yesterday they said "Please keep in mind that our website map is not definitive but rather is meant to highlight routes."

By the way they said enabling travel to the Gulf Coast is certainly on their radar. My suggestion was 1) South side of San Antonio, such as SE Military Dr. at I-37, 2)I-37/US 77 near Corpus Christi, and 3) US 77 at Harlingen.

Does anyone have any sort of estimate as to when the Texas Triangle will start to expand and connect to the rest of the supercharger network? I am making a road trip to CA in July (TMC Connect) and it would be SO much easier if there were superchargers instead of charging at NEMA 14-50's

Does anyone have any sort of estimate as to when the Texas Triangle will start to expand and connect to the rest of the supercharger network? I am making a road trip to CA in July (TMC Connect) and it would be SO much easier if there were superchargers instead of charging at NEMA 14-50's
Based on this image from the SuperCharger page, the next one in Texas is probably either on I40 in Amarillo, or on I10 in Beaumont, by the end of the year. Using RV parks to get on the SuperCharger Highway in Gallup, NM, may be your best bet.

John

superchargerlandingpagemaps_2014_214.jpg

Last edited:
You can go to OK City and west on I-40 to get to CA if the SC map is realistic for the end of the year.

That's a really long haul from Corsicana to Oklahoma City--about 260 miles (Hope they have those 125 kWh batteries soon). Then about 250 miles to Salina, KS. Texas will still be an island unless you're going to the East Coast.

I've got my contacts at the city on notice to let me know if they hear about any permits for a SC here in Amarillo.

As soon as I hear anything I'll pass it on.

I have been assuming that we would get Tucumcari, Amarillo, Sayre, OK, and OKC on line roughly about the same time. People coming from the south might need a quick boost in Wichita Falls, before moving on to Sayre, but we'd only be talking 2 hours or so. Once you get to I-40 you'd be open to California from there. If Trinidad, CO comes online you'd make Denver as well.