Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This just showed up in my inbox.

Screen%20Shot%202018-02-14%20at%206.16.33%20PM.png

Did you get this by email? Was that after submitting your final payment?

I have the submit final payment action on the My Account page with final amount due, but there is no final paperwork. I assume you got that only after making the final payment?

Congrats to all the new VIN's. If you have a chance would you update the spreadsheet. More data there will help those of us hoping to order in the next month or so.

Also wondering about a clarification on the cash vs finance. Shouldn't both be the same to Tesla? The cash ACH/Wire comes from you or from the financial institution from a loan. Don't see how it would make a difference. It seems as well though a couple paying cash may have transferred the funds before delivery? Is this true? Hard to tell from the info only in this thread, but think I would have a hard time sending money before delivery.

Congrats to all the new VIN's. If you have a chance would you update the spreadsheet. More data there will help those of us hoping to order in the next month or so.

Also wondering about a clarification on the cash vs finance. Shouldn't both be the same to Tesla? The cash ACH/Wire comes from you or from the financial institution from a loan. Don't see how it would make a difference. It seems as well though a couple paying cash may have transferred the funds before delivery? Is this true? Hard to tell from the info only in this thread, but think I would have a hard time sending money before delivery.
I updated my entries in the spreadsheet earlier today. My ISA told me in Texas you have no option but to pay ahead of delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J
Now that I'm seeing all the discussion about other factors (financing, payment types, etc), I wonder if me having a trade-in is slowing me down. Has anyone who's gotten a VIN yet doing a trade-in? I didn't even think about the secondary issues of them not being able to sell directly....

Now that I'm seeing all the discussion about other factors (financing, payment types, etc), I wonder if me having a trade-in is slowing me down. Has anyone who's gotten a VIN yet doing a trade-in? I didn't even think about the secondary issues of them not being able to sell directly....

Finally my VIN showed up (5YJ3E1EA7JF0051XX). Ordered on 01/11 in Houston, TX. And I have a trade-in.

Finally my VIN showed up (5YJ3E1EA7JF0051XX). Ordered on 01/11 in Houston, TX. And I have a trade-in.

Ok, so much for my "trade-in slowing me down" theory, although it took you a while to get the VIN.. configured day before spud, got VIN day after spud, who I thought was the longest waiter.

But the n of 1 sort of disproves the trade-in issue, although I can add complexity to the the theory and wonder if they have resale partners lined up some places and not others?

Either way, thanks for the info! I will get my VIN... I will get my VIN... I will get my VIN....

I've quickly read though this thread, congratulations for everyone looking to take delivery by the end of the month.

I'm well back in the queue, Apr 1,16 non-owner, "May-Jul" 1st Prod. Hoping for the invite email some time late summer/early fall.

For clarity, are these extra delays for TX delivery a one-time thing as Tesla works out their internal organization or does Tesla expect them to be this large ongoing throughout the year?

My delivery person said that Tesla will now handle Texas tax and registration for us. No need to deal with that separately like we did in years past.

Really?!?

That will be a fantastic addition but I havent heard that yet. Is Kevin your guy? I assume so since we live right down the street from each other.

What is everyone going with in terms of financing? I used Alliant on my S but they seem to be much higher this time around.

For clarity, are these extra delays for TX delivery a one-time thing as Tesla works out their internal organization or does Tesla expect them to be this large ongoing throughout the year?

It should be a one time thing. Tesla has been delivering other cars in Texas for 5+ years now, so now that the bottleneck is cleared it should stay cleared. Of course, not sure why the bottleneck happened in the first place.

Really?!?

That will be a fantastic addition but I havent heard that yet. Is Kevin your guy? I assume so since we live right down the street from each other.

What is everyone going with in terms of financing? I used Alliant on my S but they seem to be much higher this time around.

I just got 1.95% from RBFCU (the credit union in the Costco parking lot) after a very fast and painless online application process.

My delivery guy isn't Kevin, it's Chris.