Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test drove Model S for suspension comfort + discount offer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to test drive a 2022 Model S LR. The main reason for this test drive was to feel the comfort level of the suspensions. I could not feel a major difference between comfort and sport in city streets. Anyone else have same opinion on this? Or perhaps I didn't have enough time to experience the comfort settings.

Advisor threw me an inventory offer for Model S that has been previously repaired. They mentioned it was involved in a light fender bender on test drive. Car was never registered and has less than 50 miles on the odo. There was a -$5400 discount on top. Anyone have experience buying a vehicle like this? She sent me repair cost was listed $25xx. I just don't know if this will show up on carfax?

Went to test drive a 2022 Model S LR. The main reason for this test drive was to feel the comfort level of the suspensions. I could not feel a major difference between comfort and sport in city streets. Anyone else have same opinion on this? Or perhaps I didn't have enough time to experience the comfort settings.

Advisor threw me an inventory offer for Model S that has been previously repaired. They mentioned it was involved in a light fender bender on test drive. Car was never registered and has less than 50 miles on the odo. There was a -$5400 discount on top. Anyone have experience buying a vehicle like this? She sent me repair cost was listed $25xx. I just don't know if this will show up on carfax?
The new model S “adaptive” suspension simply does not work. Search the forums, there are plenty of threads on it.

If the vehicle is marked as “previously repaired” I would want the full details of the repair. Not just Tesla’s “cost” to do the work.

This is what they provided me...

Screenshot_20221029-161905_Drive.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Pricedm
This is what they provided me...

View attachment 868929

That does not look like a "fender bender", heh. For anyone that can afford vehicles in this price class, that doesnt seem like enough of a discount for a vehicle that had that many line items repaired. They are giving you a damage disclosure, so it passes the thresshold that they MUST (or they wouldnt).

There is no way I would buy something like this, but my risk tolerance is very low for this kind of thing. As I said, anyone who can afford to buy this type of car in the first place could afford to buy it new, and is that enough discount for that many repair line items? Not to me it isnt, but Its not my money, its the OPs money.

The discount seems like an excellent deal--the amount of work done was minimal and many comments above are likely ill-informed: the rear seat was likely popped out to disconnect the battery connection prior to painting, and ditto for the fireman's loop.

The total cost was appropriate for a "fender bender" so I'd take the savings and use them to buy more TSLA shares . . . those will pay for the car entirely in a few years:)

The discount seems like an excellent deal--the amount of work done was minimal and many comments above are likely ill-informed: the rear seat was likely popped out to disconnect the battery connection prior to painting, and ditto for the fireman's loop.

The total cost was appropriate for a "fender bender" so I'd take the savings and use them to buy more TSLA shares . . . those will pay for the car entirely in a few years:)
Seems like most of the line items were to remove items for access to repair other things. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: ucmndd

I wouldn’t take it for less than $10,000 discount.

Will not touch it.

OP there absolutely nothing wrong with any repaired cars
as long as they did per specification

People get hang up on accident cars
As long as they're repaired per specification and full warranty.

Damage assessment very minor next to nothing touch up paint job.

Bottom line if you can some freebie or extended warranty added then I would go for it