Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TESLAROADTRIP “Tesla Meets Tesla” First Annual Event at Wardenclyffe, 25 October 14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Snippets of video being uploaded frequently on RememberTesla.com - RememberTesla.com

Here are some screenshots

Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg

Wish I was there!

Thank you to all who made the trip to Shoreham to share in this special event. I had a great time getting to talk to many of you. It is awesome that you were willing to volunteer your time and efforts at Wardenclyffe! It was obvious that everyone involved was excited to share your enthusiasm for Tesla Motors! Hopefully, this can become an annual event and our paths will cross down the road.
A very special Thank You has to go out to Jim Thompson for organizing this great event.
I hope everyone has a safe (traffic free) travel on your way home.
-Cory Fitzgerald

Hey everybody - the "Tesla Meets Tesla" event on Saturday October 25th went fantastic! Thanks to the 27 Tesla owners (from VA, DE, PA, MD, CT, NY, and NJ!) and all the add'l volunteers for lending a hand to cleanup Wardenclyffe and then show your cars to over 500+ attendees t the afternoon public session. For those who could not attend, you can see some video at RememberTesla.com - RememberTesla.com and also at Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe .

The Tesla Science Center Board intends to make this an annual event, so keep an ear out for next year's event (where will will surely have some Model S "D" and Model X owners in attendance!!!

Glad to hear it was such a success - thanks Jim for all the hard work coordinating :)
Hope to make it next year (or next spring if you're inclined to go semi-annual)

It is up to the Tesla Science Center Board of Directors if and when they want to put on this event next year...but I am 99% sure they will! As soon as I hear from them I will post announcements.

- - - Updated - - -

I must be blind because I can't find the videos on either site. The only video is a pre-event advertisement. Are they there? Maybe it's an iPhone thing.

Andrew: It's probably a flash presentation, so call up http://www.remembertesla.com/ and you will see it pop up. It is below the banner that says "Latest Stream:Tesla Car Meetup | Will Start October 25th, 2014, 11 AM EDT"

- - - Updated - - -

There are also pics of the event located at http://www.remembertesla.com/photos.

This was such a fantastic event I am so glad you put this together Jim and glad to have gotten the chance to go!

This was my first ever trip up to New York and going past the city as well. I got my fill of the city as I drove past it and even through it... sight seeing? What's that? The only sights I REALLY wanted to see was the Tesla Museum (soon to be) and help promote a good cause!

We really blew the directors and other more regular volunteers away with our huge crowd of volunteers who showed up, so thank you to everyone else who made it out and it was good fun working beside some of you for the clean up. I really don't think they expected us to do what we did or as much as we did. I only wish we had more time to help them with other cleanup activities! I was constantly told how appreciative they were that we took the time to come up there and help them and it was an honor and a privilege to do so!

As for the Public Event piece, OH... MY... God! There were a TON of people that showed up. I don't know if they originally wanted to come because of the Tesla cars or if it was to see the old buildings or just a nice combination of the two, but wow! We easily had over 500 people there, the lot was packed and parking spread around the outside of the fence.

When I came back from lunch I carefully got my car through the crowd, parked, and was immediately bombarded by people interested in the car! I never thought I would get tired of talking about my car, but by the end of the day... boy! I sure was close! It was non-stop! As soon as I would just about get finished talking with one group of people, another would be walking past and get captivated by what I was saying and then proceed to start asking me a million questions! It was really great that I have been hanging around these forums so much because it seemed like there wasn't a question I didn't know the answer to. Yet again, I got accused of working for Tesla by quite a few people! :D

At the end of it all, the main guy who was taking video of everything pulled me aside and wanted me to go over the interior of the car with him on camera, so I am likely to show up in a video on their site soon enough. Talk about being nervous as hell, but totally flattered that they would want to use me for that purpose since I am a little ole nobody important.

Although it wasn't my intent of going, I am certain I sold a couple Model S on Saturday and was floored by the interest in the car by so many locals! If there is ever another event for anything else within relative driving distance count me in!

GREAT event...I couldn't stay for all of it, but yes, there was an amazing turnout (500-ish people) and lots of great information and excitement about Nikola Tesla and the Tesla Science Center, and a LOT of interest in the 30+ Tesla cars there :) I only took a couple of photos, but here they are:
TeslaMeetsTesla1.jpg
TeslaMeetsTesla2.jpg
TeslaMeetsTesla3.jpg

This was a fantastic piece of graffiti inside one of the buildings there which hearkens back to the image of Tesla holding the two lightning balls in his hands (posted below) The inside walls were absolutely covered in graffiti but it was nice to see some amount of creativity being shown by these guys :D

If they decide to keep this building or whatever, they certainly need to retain this piece of art in the museum because it is awesome!
10680133_825780164141015_8146479957417763271_o.jpg

Photo Courtesy of JCadman (In fairness I was holding the light so it would illuminate the wall which is why I couldn't take any photos of it myself to share)

Photo that the graffiti is based on:
tesla2.gif

BTW, one of the goals of the "Tesla Meets Tesla" event was to raise additional funds for the Tesla Science Center. For anyone reading this, the Brick campaign will provide only a drop in the bucket for what the TSC needs to build it's dream of a Tesla Science Center. But if every Tesla Owner and Reservation Holder set aside $1 a day for 365 days and sent that to the TSC, we could fund the entire amount by the next "Tesla Meets Tesla" event!!!! I'm doing my part by sending $365 to the TSC - please join me in doing the same and getting the word out to all your Tesla buds!!!