Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TESLAROADTRIP “Tesla Meets Tesla” First Annual Event at Wardenclyffe, 25 October 14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm afraid owing to a calendar screw-up I won't be able to attend. My business partner's daughter is getting married the same Saturday and I had failed to put in on my calendar. My wife reminded me yesterday that we're attending the wedding and reception. My fault and I apologize. I'd rather be with all of you in Wardenclyffe.

We'll miss you, Rick!

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like I may not be there as well. I sold my model S over the weekend in preparation of the big "D". I'm looking at alternatives, but with other family commits I don't think I'm going to be able to make it work. Hopefully there will be an event next year?

Andrew,
We'll miss you too! The Tesla Science Center hopes this will be an annual event, so you can P85D-it next year!

Just a reminder to folks who are reading this thread and intending to show up for the cleanup (and to show your car) - you must sign up with me and provide me the info requested at the beginning of this thread. We still have a few slots left, so keep signing up!

Jim,
I am interested in attending. Here is my info (will email you also.)

Green (matte wrapped) Model S85, 1 person total, and can stay to Sunday if it rains.

This is starting to get some press attention.

CNBC just published an article about renewed interest in Nikola Tesla and the campaign to save Wardenclyffe that mentions the event this weekend.

"...the public can get a sneak peak and access to the grounds and the base of the tower on October 25 by signing up to attend the rally of Mid-Atlantic Tesla auto owners."

The entire article by Amy Langfield is worth the read, Underdog inventor Nikola Tesla gets his due with new museum.

Lanny

Hey Lanny, did you sign up and or want to tag along with someone? I could totally swing by and get you on Friday when I head north if you would like to come join us!

It looks like I may not be there as well. I sold my model S over the weekend in preparation of the big "D". I'm looking at alternatives, but with other family commits I don't think I'm going to be able to make it work. Hopefully there will be an event next year?

If you still want to go, I would have no issue picking you up as well. Car or no car!

chickensevil,

That's very kind of you to think of me.

I really wish I was able to go but I just can't make it this weekend. I'm happy to see Jim is getting such a great response for this trip. Have a great time and I look forward to seeing the photos!

Lanny

Are those coming from VA., MD., and DE. doing a caravan together on Friday? Where are you folks staying?

If there is a group, I could join up if you pass through or stop at the Edison NJ SC.

Are those coming from VA., MD., and DE. doing a caravan together on Friday? Where are you folks staying?

If there is a group, I could join up if you pass through or stop at the Edison NJ SC.

Hi Ken - So happy to have another TeslaRoadTrip-er join us! There hasn't been any further discussion on caravaning which could be problematic with traffic on a Friday night, but I'll give it a go if there are others interested. I'm planning on leaving the Newark Supercharger around 4P on Friday which should put me in Edison by 5:30-6. From there it's about 60 miles to Syosset. I'm staying at the Residence Inn in Holtsville about 25 miles past Syosset and about 15 miles from Shoreham. Jim also mentioned a Spring Hill Suites but I forget what town it's in.

Hi Ken - So happy to have another TeslaRoadTrip-er join us! There hasn't been any further discussion on caravaning which could be problematic with traffic on a Friday night, but I'll give it a go if there are others interested. I'm planning on leaving the Newark Supercharger around 4P on Friday which should put me in Edison by 5:30-6. From there it's about 60 miles to Syosset. I'm staying at the Residence Inn in Holtsville about 25 miles past Syosset and about 15 miles from Shoreham. Jim also mentioned a Spring Hill Suites but I forget what town it's in.

Hey now I thought you and I were going to caravan together? :crying:

Yes, traffic will be a pain, no doubt.

I should be able to meet up with you guys in Edison around 5:30pm Friday. I already booked the Comfort Inn in Medford, right off the LIE.

I sent this via email but wanted to be sure everyone saw it, so I willr epost here:

Hello Everyone! Thank you for you and your family and friends volunteering for this Saturday's "Tesla Meets Tesla" first annual event! I will try to keep emails to everyone to a minimum, but wanted to get the word out on a few things for this Saturday. I am using the bcc function but this email is being sent to all folks listed on the attached spreadsheet)

Cleanup Event (0900-1200): Please show at 8:30 but NLT than 9 am. The entrance to the facility is 1-5 Randall Road, Shoreham NY (gps coordinates 40.948399,-72.900956). The gate may be closed when we get there, but there is plenty of room for us to park our cars at the entrance while waiting for the gate to open. Once we are inside the facility we will be directed to park between the lab and the base of the Tower (where the tower used to be, actually). There will be a quick photo op and then we will get with the Tesla Science Center core volunteer staff who will break us up into groups and give us our cleanup assignments (along with tools needed). Wear long sleeve clothing (should be nice & cool anyway!) as some of the chores will involved cutting down brush and hauling it off to a pile. And bring gloves as well to protect your hands. For those volunteers who are bringing children (and thank you for doing that!), please ensure they stay with you at all times throughout the day (which I am sure you will do anyway!).

1200-1300: Put on your Tesla gear and brush the cobwebs and leaves out of your hair! Eat (the food trucks will be there during the cleanup event!) and hydrate. Get yourself and your car ready for public event!!

1300-1600: Public event. The main focus of this event is to educate the public about Nikola Tesla, his life, and the lab at Wardenclyffe that needs serious funding to rebuild and open as the Tesla science Center (TSC). The TSC Board is in charge of this event, and we will assist n whatever way they ask. We will need some Owners by their cars to answer any questions, while other Owners may be asked to help direct traffic, parking, and flow of people to/from TSC tent area. TSC will have tour guides who will give short tours of the site, answer questions about Nikola Tesla and his life and inventions, and talk about the mission of TSC and rebuilding Wardenclyffe. We will also have a Tesla marketing rep there who will have a setup near our cars, and can answer questions from the press and public on behalf of Tesla. Should be a fun time! oh, BTW, if you know anyone who is coming for the public event, they are encouraged to go to Tesla Meets Tesla Tickets - Eventbrite and sign up for the evnt (it's free).

Lastly - we have four slots available for Tesla Roadsters or Model S, so if you know any Tesla owners out there that are not on this list, tell them to email me their info ASAP. W e can have no more than 30 Teslas parked inside the site based on space available for the public.

I am heading to Long Island (from outside DC) Thursday morning, and Friday will be at the site most the day. So be patient with me if you email me (or call or text).

This is going to be a historic event that is already grabbing attention of mainstream media (http://www.cnbc.com/id/102029221). The event is mentioned part way down in the article ("the public can get a sneak peak and access to the grounds and the base of the tower on October 25 by signing up to attend the rally of Mid-Atlantic Tesla auto owners.") If you know of folks who want to attend the public session, please have them go to Tesla Meets Tesla Tickets - Eventbrite and register for free tickets. The Tesla Science Center uses eventbrite to help gauge how many people will attend their events.

And the weather so far looks great for Saturday!

ADD'L NOTE: Several folks have said they cannot make it there by 0900. Not to worry, come when you can, but I recommend you get there NLT 1200 noon so we can get you parked with the other Teslas. Also, the gates may be closed during the cleanup session, and if that is the case, be patient and someone will come open them for you to let you in. There is even a possibility there may be a waiting line for the public that will start before 1 pm, so you will want to beat that as well.

Jim Thompson

There are already over 500 people registered through eventbrite attending Saturday afternoon's General Public session!! For those attending the cleanup session, check your email as I forwarded a note from TSC. I'll be at the Tesla site at 10 am Friday to help with pre-cleanup and also how we are going to handle all the traffic!!!

There are already over 500 people registered through eventbrite attending Saturday afternoon's General Public session!! For those attending the cleanup session, check your email as I forwarded a note from TSC. I'll be at the Tesla site at 10 am Friday to help with pre-cleanup and also how we are going to handle all the traffic!!!

That's fantastic. Argggghh I wish I could go! My model S is still sitting in my garage, but it's not my car anymore :(