Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TESLAROADTRIP “Tesla Meets Tesla” First Annual Event at Wardenclyffe, 25 October 14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I'll go with whatever Jim decides. It would be great if we can all get together for dinner when we arrive in the area and perhaps breakfast before we head out to Wardenclyffe on Saturday am. But I'm sure Jim is already thinking about such things.

I like all of these suggestions :)

Given how this last week of work went and how this week is already shaping up I might just shift my day off to Friday to make up for my missed 3 day weekend this week.

If I have to work Friday I will try to leave early so whatever time you all are thinking we can try to meet up north of Baltimore maybe at Newark, SC?

Ok, so assuming we want to arrive Friday night at around 10PM (seems like a reasonable time), that means we should all leave Newark at 6PM, So I would look to try to arrive at Newark NLT 5:30.

My preliminary route is:
Newark -> Edison (104 Miles | 1.5 hours)
Edison -> Syosset (67 Miles | 1.5 hours)
Syosset -> Wardenclyffe (41 Miles | 45 mins)

There is no reason to stop at Hamilton Marketplace, NJ or any of the other NY area superchargers. Syosset is close enough to the destination that we should be able to get more than enough charge there without really needing to fret too much over finding charging on Saturday (or needing to plug in Friday night).

Ok, so assuming we want to arrive Friday night at around 10PM (seems like a reasonable time), that means we should all leave Newark at 6PM, So I would look to try to arrive at Newark NLT 5:30.
My preliminary route is:
Newark -> Edison (104 Miles | 1.5 hours)
Edison -> Syosset (67 Miles | 1.5 hours)
Syosset -> Wardenclyffe (41 Miles | 45 mins)

I like your routing (bypass Hamilton in favor of Edison) but I think I'll get an earlier start so I have more time to charge. I'm thinking about leaving after lunch to arrive at Newark NLT 4P. I would also like to have a contingency cushion for traffic and Supercharger access. Four space Superchargers are so 2013 :wink:

Highlander.jpg
Hi Everyone, I am new to the TeslaMotorsClub tonight. However, I have been a fan of Nikola Tesla AND Tesla Motors for many years. Unfortunately, I can not currently afford my own Tesla. However, I did purchase a Hybrid Highlander to help support the electric movement. My vehicle also displays the Tesla Motors license plate frame and an image of Nikola Tesla.

IF you still have a spot available for the Wardenclyffe cleanup, I would love to be able to help with you. Thanks for your consideration.

@NikolasRide: Love your TMC screen name, license plate, and Nikola image on your car! Awesome! Yes, we can always use volunteers to help either clean or help the TSC folks setup and run the event. You can provide your info here (name, cell number, email addres, number of people you are bringing, and whether you can make the raid date of 26 October if we are rained out on the 25th) or PM me or email me ([email protected]). Thanks! Jim

I like your routing (bypass Hamilton in favor of Edison) but I think I'll get an earlier start so I have more time to charge. I'm thinking about leaving after lunch to arrive at Newark NLT 4P. I would also like to have a contingency cushion for traffic and Supercharger access. Four space Superchargers are so 2013 :wink:

What do I know, I have never been even into DE never mind up to NJ or NY, haha! It might not be a bad idea to leave a bit earlier just to avoid the DC Friday traffic. Which leaving around noon would certainly do it (not sure where you are coming from though). In OK traffic I have the woodbridge SC to Newark SC looking at around 2 hours so I might shoot for a 2PM departure. Which should get me north of DC before 3 and avoid traffic until Baltimore... Hopefully.

My Spouse and I would like to come the clean-up
Name: Frank & Rose Neal
• Mobile number (you can PM me your cell phone number if you like)
• Model info (Roadster, Model S60, 85, P85, P85+) S85
• Color of car Black
• Number of guests coming with you. 1
• Whether you can stay on the 26th in the event of rain on the 25th. No

Frank,
Thanks! Disregard the PM I just sent - but I do need your email address. You can PM or email me at [email protected]

I'd love to participate in this cleanup event, sign up me!

Name
• Mobile number (will PM you my mobile #)
• Model info (Model S P85)
• Color of car (Silver)
• Number of guests coming with you. (not sure how many guests yet)
• Whether you can stay on the 26th in the event of rain on the 25th. (cannot stay for the 26th)

Looking forward to seeing everyone, Joe

My wife and I aren't sure when we are heading up on Friday yet (likely leave NOVA in the afternoon) but would we would be happy to meet up for dinner or breakfast before the event if anyone is interested.

Breakfast isn't a bad idea since it starts at 9:30 we could meet up around 7 somewhere.

Dinner would depend on when we get up there. But I am also down for that as well.

This is starting to get some press attention.

CNBC just published an article about renewed interest in Nikola Tesla and the campaign to save Wardenclyffe that mentions the event this weekend.

"...the public can get a sneak peak and access to the grounds and the base of the tower on October 25 by signing up to attend the rally of Mid-Atlantic Tesla auto owners."

The entire article by Amy Langfield is worth the read, Underdog inventor Nikola Tesla gets his due with new museum.

Lanny

This is starting to get some press attention.

CNBC just published an article about renewed interest in Nikola Tesla and the campaign to save Wardenclyffe that mentions the event this weekend.

"...the public can get a sneak peak and access to the grounds and the base of the tower on October 25 by signing up to attend the rally of Mid-Atlantic Tesla auto owners."

The entire article by Amy Langfield is worth the read, Underdog inventor Nikola Tesla gets his due with new museum.

Lanny

Lanny,
Thank you for sending us this terrific info - glad to hear the word is getting out! Jim

I'm afraid owing to a calendar screw-up I won't be able to attend. My business partner's daughter is getting married the same Saturday and I had failed to put in on my calendar. My wife reminded me yesterday that we're attending the wedding and reception. My fault and I apologize. I'd rather be with all of you in Wardenclyffe.

It looks like I may not be there as well. I sold my model S over the weekend in preparation of the big "D". I'm looking at alternatives, but with other family commits I don't think I'm going to be able to make it work. Hopefully there will be an event next year?