Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla website down for maintenance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I missed the Tesla Motor Forms. After going back, I recalled why I prefer TMC. Tesla put a statement basically requesting civility in post. But not to be.... seems there is constant b**ching, name calling, etc. Maybe Tesla installed an automatic Moderator. New post to a thread is "SAVE", not POST. The post seems to be reviewed and then approved.

I just posted the link to the Model X Spec Sheet on the Tesla Motor's Forum after reading two pages of "new" gripes about the specifications not being available. Reservation holders are calling the DS for information Tesla has released in documents and Operational Manual apparently since it is the path of least work, and if the DS can't answer immediately, the DS is trashed on the forum. I was in the local SC a few months ago and the manager there was trying his best to answer questions on the Model X for a caller. I was there for 2 hours -- Test Drive Auto Pilot and reviewing colors combo's -- in all that time, the manager had no time to do anything else. The manager was calling, browsing, texting, etc. just to answer questions as best he could.... BTW this was early October, when very few knew anything about the X beyond the Launch. I was amazed at his patience, so I gained a lot of respect for the job these guys are doing.

There are ~25000 US reservation holders. I get dismayed reading how many times some call the DS. I want my X as much as anyone..... but know they are all doing everything possible to get through the issues.