Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla uses 1/6 the energy compared to gasoline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then add on the social cost of the pollution, and the global military costs related to a scarce resource war.
The total costs are obscene.
Yes indeed SageBrush. It was the military cost in lives and treasure that first got me into thinking electric vehicles years ago long before it was fashionable for stopping climate change. I remember making spreadsheets to compare the cost of the war vs. solar farms.

Yes indeed SageBrush. It was the military cost in lives and treasure that first got me into thinking electric vehicles years ago long before it was fashionable for stopping climate change. I remember making spreadsheets to compare the cost of the war vs. solar farms.

Imagine if we had to use billions of dollars of military power to secure solar and windmill farms in Nevada and Arizona :)

Would The U S go to war over the precious metals and lithium that is required to build the Solar Panels and Batteries to power the economy once Fossil Fuels are banned? China refines 60% and controls 77% of the Battery cell capacity and 60% of the Worlds Battery Component Manufacturing. We can fight wars for energy in The Middle East or Fight China for Precious Metals because Environmental Groups and the Government won't open up all the mining that is needed in this country for raw materials.

Would The U S go to war over the precious metals and lithium that is required to build the Solar Panels and Batteries to power the economy once Fossil Fuels are banned? China refines 60% and controls 77% of the Battery cell capacity and 60% of the Worlds Battery Component Manufacturing. We can fight wars for energy in The Middle East or Fight China for Precious Metals because Environmental Groups and the Government won't open up all the mining that is needed in this country for raw materials.

We are perfectly capable of producing batteries, windmill farms, and solar panels in the us, and mining most of the materials needed for them.

We have NO countries that demand billion dollar US occupation to supply the daily needs of renewable energy systems.

Tesla makes cars, motors, batteries and mines the lithium IN THE US. Wanna not care about what the Saudi's think of us? Join the future.

The one reason many makers (hello GM, and Ford) outsource their EV materials to China is because it's CHEAPER. Yay capitalism!

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Especially when sodium ion tech comes through.

And the recycling should start to get pretty strong over the next decade or two - most batteries can be almost completely recycled for base minerals, and we'll be producing end-of-life cars at a nice rate in the coming decades if most cars are electric you'd eventually have recycles coming in about as fast as you make new cars.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw