Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won't link because it doesn't deserve the views, impressions or whatever

Yesterday: Somewhat popular content creator starts a war on X saying FSD is level 2 and many vehicles can do what FSD 12.3 is doing, doubles (or even triples) down on it after getting called out by everyone

Today: Releases a SPONSORED (by Ford) video about Ford Blue Cruise

Definitely jerry rigged. Amazing how people have no shame as long as their wallets get filled

So if the car insurance companies are gouging the public, which they are, one has to wonder why Tesla hasn't added a state to their insurance program for a long time or made money underwriting? Anybody care to speculate?
Each state has its own set of regulations. It takes time to work through them. My understanding is that new insurance companies never make money at the start.

I don't pooh pooh FSD per say, but rather I pooh pooh the notion that FSD will substantially contribute to revenues and earnings anytime soon. FSD is improving gradually over time and with v12 that rate of improvement seems to be accelerating, but I think it's still too expensive for most customers to seriously consider buying it while it's in beta.

Once it hits Level 5 and truly gets to hands off autonomy things change drastically, but for now while its in beta, I don't feel we can count on FSD sales to help TSLA much at all.

In my pooh pooh opinion of course. 😎
I didn't say that you were one to pooh-pooh. I included you amongst those who damn with faint praise.

Last edited:
She has not been right on Telsa for years. Amazing she is still followed.

Ark makes, at minimum, 5 year projections, sometimes 7, or even 10 years out.

Considering how the end of 2023 would reflect a projection made in 2018, specifically, which of their projections do you feel that Ark Invest has left you disappointed?

Last edited:
Ark makes, at minimum, 5 year projections, sometimes 7, or even 10 years out.

Considering how the end of 2023 would reflect a projection made in 2018, specifically, which of their projections do you feel Ark Invest has left you disappointed?
The one that he/she lost $ on for losing confidence and selling specifically ;)

So....is $TSLA up today because:

1. It's been oversold and value is coming back into play
2. Shortzes made enough and are covering
3. People realizing FSD is farther along than it should be
4. Report saying that Elon's use of prescription drugs is good for the company
5. Elon saying 'flying car' is possible in Don Lemon interview
6. MM's met again with Tesla IR and now have new delivery info

Anything else?

Gary says its the coming price increases...so must be true as he is the Tesla WS expert./s

Yesterday: Somewhat popular content creator starts a war on X saying FSD is level 2 and many vehicles can do what FSD 12.3 is doing, doubles (or even triples) down on it after getting called out by everyone

Definitely jerry rigged. Amazing how people have no shame as long as their wallets get filled

Oh, and also on the same day

Yesterday: Somewhat popular content creator starts a war on X saying FSD is level 2

I mean- that's factually true- why would anyone go to war about it?

and many vehicles can do what FSD 12.3 is doing, doubles (or even triples) down on it after getting called out by everyone

That's a quite different statement than pointing out it's L2.

There's a few systems you can argue that's true for on highways (with the added fact some of those do things you can't do with Tesla like be handsfree but the tradeoff is being a bit more geofenced)- plus the heavily ODD restricted L3 system Mercedes offers on highways... but I'm not aware of anyone (in the US anyway) doing city streets ADAS beyond lane keep/TACC type features.

There ARE some in China doing it though (L2 city streets that is, though again I believe it's usually only specific cities right now)

Heh, I actually had no idea who you were talking about till the last line.

That said- according to his pinned post he has, for some time now, been donating 100% of any money made on the bird app directly to people purchasing wheelchairs for the disabled.

Yeah. IMO 30% operating margins are insane to assume. Gross margins last 2 quarters were like 18%. I think those could max out at 30%.

Remember the CEO specifically stating they were targeting gross margins around the same as auto (at the time, 25-30%). Which would make operating margins lower.

No reason to think Musk was underselling Megapack margins, nor does it make sense given the current trend in margins for the product.
Very good points.

Reactions: Zaddy Daddy
Source: The Dencun Upgrade Is An Important Step Toward Scaling Ethereum’s Network, And More...

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 2.07.44 PM.png

I can't find @Knightshade 's posts linking to the Space X thread...

Last edited:
Ugh. All the FB ford and Rivian groups are bubbling today about their ability to charge at superchargers now. And how they’ll never have to even think about buying a tesla again. Ugh. Hope this doesn’t come back to snap tesla in the Assets.

Just sayin. 😱
Tesla's mission is to get all the other car manufacturers to start making BEVs as well as Tesla. Are you under the impression they want to have a monopoly on BEVs?