Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if Tesla deploys prototypes into it's own factories and starts showing the world what it is capable of, well the stock just might explode up on such a thing.
I keep changing my mind - is it FSD or Optimus that gets the stonk pumped up first?

We have this concerned by UAW blow-back from publicly showing Optimus working in the factory. T in TSLA becomes T for Terminator news, not T for Tesla, a T for Texas or even Timbuktu.

Then yesterday, Tesla said they'll show less Tech in the future for IP reasons. Well, that's only part of it, right? Right!

So this is top secret and it will happen before we know and there is no FUD to be had. FUDless!

BTW, did anyone catch the comment on the Lab looking like a workout area. Ya, that sent me an image of treadmills, arm curls, squats... Quality doing Lifecycle Testing on their new motors, right? Right! Yo. Bots. Pump it up - pump it up!

peeking of which, does anybody know about the CT on-board charger? What it's input current rating are, and/or if it's an 800v unit or the pack reconfigures itself for 400v chargning?

Sandy Munro will know soon enough: He's decided to buy 2 Foundation-series CTs, one for a teardown, and one for tearing-around. ;)

Cheers!

Yeah this robot thing is so much pie in the sky, it’s an illusion at this
point. The last reason I would buy tesla is the robot …..

let’s get fsd going first which seems within reach of being a great
driving assistant tool.

Robot taxi is more complex and again seems further out.

Agreed. I hear a lot of robotaxi rumblings but I would think FSD would have to be a solid L4 if not L5 to get there. I would think that is a solid decade away. Good to aspire to but realistically suggesting a model like this next generation model 2 or whatever as a platform for it seems unrealistic to me.

Jmho.

Agreed. I hear a lot of robotaxi rumblings but I would think FSD would have to be a solid L4 if not L5 to get there. I would think that is a solid decade away. Good to aspire to but realistically suggesting a model like this next generation model 2 or whatever as a platform for it seems unrealistic to me.

Jmho.

Agree on FSD well before robotaxi. Don’t think FSD is a decade away though. I think in the 2 to 3 year timeframe, it will become a must-have with a sizable part of the Tesla community

I didn't see today's price action coming.
A common misconception is that the sales figures reported by other car companies are deliveries to dealers and not retail. That is not true. They report the combination of fleet sales and dealer sales to end users.
Are you sure about this? Because I don’t think this is correct. When a manufacturer sells a vehicle to a dealer, full ownership transfers to the dealer and the OEM recognizes revenue.

It’s true that the OEM can and often does offer incentives to dealers, but that does not have an impact on when the OEM recognizes sales/revenue for shipping cars to dealers.

In normal times, the impact is minor as differences quarter over quarter aren’t that meaningful. But in times when sales to the end buyer are slow, this results in short term boost in revenue recognized by the OEM.

I’m not in the industry so I don’t have 100% confidence this is the way auto OEMs account for sales to dealers. But I have worked in another industry with the same sales channel process.

If you have data/evidence of the contrary, I would love to see it and learn something new today.

Last edited:
A year ago:
Screenshot_2024-01-25-20-20-15-542_com.twitter.android-edit.jpg

A month ago:
Screenshot_2024-01-25-20-20-02-282_com.twitter.android-edit.jpg

Half an hour ago:
Screenshot_2024-01-25-20-21-27-017_com.twitter.android-edit.jpg

He's overrated!

Following the trend instead of predicting it.
A year ago: bearish and afterwards $TSLA 🚀
A month ago: bullish and afterwards $TSLA drops
Now he's complaining again.

I had some dry powder put away for just such an occasion as this.
Triggered!
My time horizon to hoped-for retirement is compressing, but still just long enough that I am anticipating rebound from these (<400) doldrums before I pull the corporate disappearing act.
Not advice. I realize (and hope you do too) that this action may not be the best for everyone;
I'm not one to be pointing my finger,
when I radiate more heat than light.

A decent reply to a good post, then a lot of comments showing that x is terrible for productive debates:
Completely disagree.

In that thread, I find many replies very thoughtful and well articulated. When I read OP, he seemed quite convincing to me - that Musk put all his eggs on the FSD/Robot/AI basket at the expense of vehicle growth.

But then many replies pointed out that FSD work, effort and resources had ZERO bearing on car manufacturing innovation and progress. Just look at the massive casting for Model Y, 48V wiring, SS based exoskeleton CT design and production.

I find that level of discourse - points and counter-points - on par with what we see here in TMC. You need to know who to follow and who to ignore on Twitter and it will be a rewarding experience.

Last edited: