Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really considering liquidating most of my position, I’ve lost well into 7 figures from the highs and I see lower margins and more Elon issues on the horizon.

It’s been an amazing run but this company is run by a mental patient and I don’t have any faith in him short term. Teslas long term is bright but I fear a lot of pain in the next 2 years.
I'll translate what you said:

"I've lost money on paper. Therefore, the best course of action to take is to make it no longer a paper loss, but a realized loss."

Especially coupled with your comment "Tesla's long term is bright" I cannot think that you would be making anything other than a gigantic mistake.

The goal is *not* to sell when you're down. When you do, those fatties on Wall Street win.

Fun Fact: REUTERS first reported on the annual log-spinning contest on the Ottawa river in Feb 1867... :p

Ford cuts F-150 Lightning production as EV demand softens - Reuters

3 hours ago · Ford Motor said on Friday it would reduce production of its F-150 Lightning pickup

Ford is going to a single-shift for Lightning production, displacing 1,200 workers. Some will go to Bronco production, some elsewhere in the Rouge plant, and some will be offered early retirement.

Last edited:
1000006369.jpg

Tsla's price to sales is trending to 3 yr lows at about 7.6 (Jan '23 hit 4.6). If we continue to see overall sentiment stay like this we'll likely see tsla close the year out near $295 assuming about 2.3 million in vehicle production

Tesla held a ground-breaking ceremony on Jan 17, 2024 for a new, stand-alone Semi production facility at Giga Nevada: (NW of the current building, toward the WoW area)

Groundbreaking Giga NV Tesla Semi News | Zanegler Tesla Semi Stalker (30 min ago)

Replying to signal-boost this post.
THIS IS WHAT YOU FOCUS ON. NOT A TWEET BY THE CEO OR MSM FUD.
Elon likely works 18 hours a day, and spends maybe 20 minutes of his day on twitter. People who focus on the tiny percentage of time on X instead of time spent running the company are making a huge mistake.

Tesla held a ground-breaking ceremony on Jan 17, 2024 for a new, stand-alone Semi production facility at Giga Nevada: (NW of the current building, toward the WoW area)

Groundbreaking Giga NV Tesla Semi News | Zanegler Tesla Semi Stalker (30 min ago)

Don't think it is stand-alone...I think the ground work you are seeing is just to move the parking lot for cars away from the existing building, and the current building will be expanded, like in the future photo they show of the complete building.

If we continue to see overall sentiment stay like this we'll likely see tsla close the year out near $295 assuming about 2.3 million in vehicle production
Fun stuff... 2.3 M is about where the poll is right now. There was a couple % shift from 2.5 to 2.3 but pretty consistent since I last looked a week ago.

Here's the link if you want to change it or chime in. I'm holding at 2.5 M - else this is not a growth story.

1705689187686.png

Why still build the 2170 batteries? One would think Tesla would want more 4680s.
The 4680s are still worse than the 2170s overall. The only benefit at this time is that they are made in house and are a cost savings.

The 18650s are still the best performance battery in all Tesla vehicles. Size reduces cost, but you lose power and range for now.

Don't think it is stand-alone...I think the ground work you are seeing is just to move the parking lot for cars away from the existing building, and the current building will be expanded, like in the future photo they show of the complete building.

Yeah, Zanagler said in the narration of his video that the plan has changed, and the Semi production facility will now be in a new separate building. He also said the plans have been filed with the public authorities, so I'm hopeful someone will dig those out for us soon.

To me, it sounds like the thread of Panasonic gettting squeezed out of the existing Giga Nevada building was too much heat for them, and I'm sure that motivated their announcement of $4B investment in NA bty production:

Tesla's Big Move: $4B Panasonic Partnership Boost! | Brighter with Herbert