Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the range estimates are estimated. What’s the usual time period before they get the EPA range? Is it possible that it may be better than the listed estimates and they are just being cautious on the numbers?

Related note: I think it also seems like only the 20" wheels and corresponding tires are currently available. I think we at least saw hints that 18" wheels might be an option...and for the other Tesla vehicles, going to a smaller wheel means more efficient tires and better range by 5-10 percent.

Perhaps with a smaller wheel size, and more efficient all season tires (and a slightly reduced price!) and no other changes to the vehicle, we could see the dual motor cybertruck range increase from 340 miles to perhaps 360-370 miles. And then, with the Range Extender, we could easily see a total range of over 500 miles...

I noticed the range estimates are estimated. What’s the usual time period before they get the EPA range? Is it possible that it may be better than the listed estimates and they are just being cautious on the numbers?
Usually the numbers are pretty close because the manufacturers run the EPA tests themselves. Only a few vehicles are actually tested by the EPA (unless that's changed).

Thanks, voted. The other reason I don't think CT will ramp quickly is because it is chock full of brand new technology, some of which will break. Tesla will fix it all, of course, and make running production line changes to accommodate the fixes, but that means they don't want high volume.
Walking thru the salty slush today got me thinking about the steer by wire hardware for this vehicle.

I’m aware of its use in the aviation sector for decades, but the hardware in the aviation sector is not subject to the exposure to salt brine that an automotive steering system is exposed to.

I’m sure this has been war gamed to the nth degree.

However, so was the TM3…

And once a large amount of TM3s got into the wild, some winter conditions caused some unexpected issues.

The winter of 2017/2018 saw some negative experiences traced to some minor oversight in some obscure code dealing with temperature parameters; once triggered the software flaw would strand a TM3 in very cold temperatures.

And my own experiences with ice and its deleterious effects of door operability, as well as the ability to release a charge cord in certain ice conditions without having to resort to the use of a portable hairdryer.

I’m very interested to see how these early build units work in the rust-belt areas this winter.

In the last 24 hours, the view counts (in millions) have grown for the Cybertruck review videos.

DateTop GearHagertyMarques Brownlee
12/3/20232.02.89.7
12/4/20232.43.312.0

Soon, Brownlee's Cybertruck video will overtake the viewership of every video he has done in the last 3 years. And it's only been 3 days.

Pretty good advertising.
The only damper is MKBHD's review is not very flattering though. I understand, 'there is no such thing as bad publicity', but even then.

I wonder the impact of these social media personalities compared to main stream media ?

The only damper is MKBHD's review is not very flattering though. I understand, 'there is no such thing as bad publicity', but even then.

I wonder the impact of these social media personalities compared to main stream media ?

Both are probably a lot less impact than either would like for you to believe.

I was thinking the same until I watched Joe T's video:

There was a clip showing bulkhead between cab and bed where he highlighted a couple of 6x6" vents, with no exact explanation (will the Cabin be able to control air/temperature in bed?), and postulated fixed window.
Just like to correct my comment here as it is incorrect; after watching part Marques Brownlees video it clearly shows Tonneau disappearing into bed bulkhead wall.

His review wasn't as gushing as Hagerty, but I thought it was pretty good. In his final thoughts he says, "I'm impressed with this. I'm impressed."

Plus, he has a CT on order and says he will do a more thorough review when he gets it. So I think we can expect more CT videos from Marques and more free publicity from this YouTube star. He has a lot of reach.

MKBHD has just under 18 million subscribers, New York Times has 9.4 million subscribers.

Conclude as you will.

My conclusion will be entirely based upon whether or not we blow through a chair price of $300 by the end of the quarter.

Subscribers does not necessarily equal impact.
At least not the sort of impact that matters, if you know what I mean, and I think that you do. ;)

I actually prefer a more neutral presentation where flaws were pointed out. Otherwise it sounded too much like marketing and I wonder if they got paid off.