Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, get's close to 1,100 and the the capping begins on cue.

Btw, those China Dec numbers are going to be out before the market opens. I expect Wall St to completely ignore the numbers regardless of what they are and for the stock to be capped up 1,100. Could be great buying opportunity, especially if the numbers are extremely good. I might be rather active tomorrow in my Fidelity account.

60k month could move the stock, but maybe not 50k. I feel like 50k might be baked in and I get that is 600k annualized which would be amazing.

60k month could move the stock, but maybe not 50k. I feel like 50k might be baked in and I get that is 600k annualized which would be amazing.
Well the twitter account is suggesting the number is a big surprise. We don't know if that's a surprise to the upside or downside but we know it won't be something like 50k. That's just a bit below Nov numbers, it wouldn't be a big surprise either way.

Given the anecdotal evidence, it's really hard for me to see a number come in below 50k which would be a big surprise if that was the case and it came in under 50k. So logic says it's a surprise to the upside and given they did combined sales of 54k and 52k in Oct and Nov, only a result of above 60k would really constitute a "big surprise" to the updside.

Either way, even if the number is above 65k, Wall St will ignore it. Probably won't see a single article on it because they just act like it's not a official number. Hence why it's like being given free data and making trades on that data

Well the twitter account is suggesting the number is a big surprise. We don't know if that's a surprise to the upside or downside but we know it won't be something like 50k. That's just a bit below Nov numbers, it wouldn't be a big surprise either way.

Given the anecdotal evidence, it's really hard for me to see a number come in below 50k which would be a big surprise if that was the case. So logic says it's a surprise to the upside and given they did combined sales of 54k and 52k in Oct and Nov, only a result of above 60k would really constitute a "big surprise" to the updside.

Either way, even if the number is above 65k, Wall St will ignore it. Probably won't see a single article on it because they just act like it's not a official number. Hence why it's like being given free data and making trades
Yeah. The question is what’s the ws consensus now? I saw Factset says 285k. This is what they usually use in the news, right? And how would the market reAct to 10% pd beat

Yeah. The question is what’s the ws consensus now? I saw Factset says 285k. This is what they usually use in the news, right? And how would the market reAct to 10% pd beat
Tesla sent out the official consensus the other day to analysts. It's much lower than 285k, 266k to be exact.

Tesla has been doing this all year because bogus analysts like Gordon try to up their estimates to some ridiculous number to skew the number in the final week of the quarter.

Tesla sent out the official consensus the other day to analysts. It's much lower than 285k, 266k to be exact.

Tesla has been doing this all year because bogus analysts like Gordon try to up their estimates to some ridiculous number to skew the number in the final week of the quarter.
I know Gordon is a genius but didn’t know tsla actually has an ir department outside of ems Twitter account. Good to know. Thanks

I know Gordon is a genius but didn’t know tsla actually has an ir department outside of ems Twitter account. Good to know. Thanks
Tesla's Investor Relations Dept has also been holding analyst conf's at times throughout the year giving broad updates on the company. Just 3 weeks ago they had one where they gave this information

- Guidance of 1.5 million for 2022
- Berlin/Austin 1st year ramp to be similar to Shanghai in terms of volume/margins

There were a few other bits of information that I can't recall at the moment. But in general, Tesla has taken a more proactive and direct approach with analysts this year which is actually quite welcome......though analysts got this information, and I don't believe any changed their estimates for deliveries for 2022 🙃

Last edited:

The Tesla Mission Viejo CA, Showroom today at 1:00 pm. Nary a car in sight...

Attachments

• tesla MV .jpg
    tesla MV .jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Those must have been mighty precious M&Ms to have bothered a Tesla technician to retrieve them, then tweet to the world about it. ;)

When I had a Nissan Leaf a wild kitten somehow got into the space above the battery.
For two days we kept hearing it cry.

Finally drove to the dealer and they removed the kitten for FREE !

Technician keeped the cat and named it Sparky.

Superior, Colorado is burning. This twitter thread includes the text: "The Tesla building @ McCaslin Blvd & Marshall Rd is fully engulfed per radio traffic."

This appears to be a major fire caused by a transformer explosion, and/or downed power lines, with at least two cities being evacuated at this point. High winds, ~110 MPH, have caused the fire to spread very rapidly. A little more information here: