Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are so many CEOs, COOs, CIO, CFOs…”CxOs” riddling my various alumni directories, magazines, newsletters and so forth that long, long ago I changed my profiles in all of them to read Chief Toilet Scrubber of {my holding company}. And when one of them challenged me as to whether I was serious or not I came down on him like an 8-ton Gigapress and told him in zero uncertain terms just how serious I was.
So, you're saying that you didn't just brush him off? 😁

Attachments

• 6B8BDE4A-04D6-4713-91E1-EB2466EFB8AC.jpeg
    6B8BDE4A-04D6-4713-91E1-EB2466EFB8AC.jpeg
    493.7 KB · Views: 76
I swear CNBC can't stop repeating and yapping about the trunk recall. I get it, now get over it.
This and other weak but repetitive attempts at FUD = BULLISH - they wouldn't bother if they knew Tesla would be showing lackluster 4Q results.
Which doesn't necessary mean the SP will bounce up. There's always room for another gotcha. Back in the GLD manipulation days, one interesting new twist was an unexpected trading rule change.

Reactions: saniflash
Late day push down…the desperation continues.

Time to scoop. 😁

During the final half hour, TSLA was dragged down with the macro market.

Earlier selling of TSLA today was likely due to the recalls. No related crashes, no injuries, no deaths. Much ado about nothing. But the media made a big deal of it. The total recall cost should be less than 20 cents for each TSLA share.

Last edited:
Today is typical example that calling the day to day Tesla price is wishful thinking, and pointless. Thank goodness, calling long term Tesla price is a snap.

All in all, the EV sector today outperformed (Rivian +4%, BYD +4%, Lucid +5%, Li Auto +9%, XPeng +10%, NIO +15%). Tesla did not participate in this exuberance due to the announced recall of 1/5th of all cars produced. This may still linger for several days until impact is fully known.

Tesla ending 2021 >$1,000 is a big win in my book, considering GF Berlin has yet to start delivering cars to customers, GF Austin has yet to start delivering cars to customers, and the Semi deliveries have yet to start. Awaiting for these three catalysts to drive the share price higher early in 2022.

Today is typical example that calling the day to day Tesla price is wishful thinking, and pointless. Thank goodness, calling long term Tesla price is a snap.

All in all, the EV sector today outperformed (Rivian +4%, BYD +4%, Lucid +5%, Li Auto +9%, XPeng +10%, NIO +15%). Tesla did not participate in this exuberance due to the announced recall of 1/5th of all cars produced. This may still linger for several days until impact is fully known.

Tesla ending 2021 >$1,000 is a big win in my book, considering GF Berlin has yet to start delivering cars to customers, GF Austin has yet to start delivering cars to customers, and the Semi deliveries have yet to start. Awaiting for these three catalysts to drive the share price higher early in 2022.
Tax loss harvesting started in Nov. Many investors got caught up in the bubble run up in Feb and companies like Li, Xpeng, and NIO have been bleeding the past 1.5 months. I saw across the board tax loss harvested stocks today had a pretty nice green day and it was as expected. Lucid, and Rivian was also bleeding for the last months or so. BYD may have legitimately benefited from Tesla's recall news as it's the only real competitor.

Baba+ 7%
JD+ 7.3%
BZUN+ 11.24%
NNDM +3%
PTON +7.6%
HOOD +6.37%
PLTR: 2.8%
FVRR: 5.71%

Basically imagine any stock that was doing very well earlier this year due to hype but then crashed hard this year, today was super green while companies that did very well this year was red today.

AMD -2.1%
Nvidia - 1.38%
Apple -0.66%
Microsoft -0.77%
Google: -0.31%
and of course TSLA

Last edited: