Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is Rivian building anything more that 2 versions of the truck? I thought it looked pretty cool back aways, until the CT came out. Made Rivian look like a cartoon truck. I cannot see Rivn or Lucid MC s anywhere near where they are now (relative to TSLA.)
that's it ... i could not put my finger on what the Rivian face was ... now i get it .... its a cartoon 🤣🤣 jeep fans will love it with their rubber ducks

The pattern would suggest with the positive pre-market winding down closer to market open…we’ll see the subtle dumping followed by the usual blood in the water for the day.

Eat well, my friends! 👨‍🍳😁

Setting limit to $980. Yum!

Dey beat you wiff da head fake... ;)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-11-17.10-45.png

Cheers!

EV is now a top export in California second to China. Thanks to Tesla.

This is precious because the article does not appear to mention Tesla by name AT ALL. Wonder what other EVs is California selling ?

Article links to WaPo transcript of California Energy Commission (CEC) Chair David Hochschild who also does not mention Tesla (https://www.washingtonpost.com/wash...h-david-hochschild-bristol-mayor-marvin-rees/).

OT
Author appears to be coming from the same crowd that "missed" Tesla from WH EV summit ;) - has journalism and culinary degree so there is a degree of demographic correlation with WH staffers.

I have a hunch we won't be beating $1244 again until after Q4 numbers are out. Which isn't that far away really!
I could see it breaking higher IF the combination of EV credit passage, Berlin/Austin start of production beginning of Dec, and Nov China domestic/export numbers come in very strong. That's a strong combination of positive catalysts which could easily propel the stock to a new ATH in the first week or two of Dec.

Not really. You were only allowed 175 IPO shares. So if you sold at the top you would have only earned ~$15k toward your Rivian.

But I am glad that people seem to be taking their quick RIVN gains and bringing it back to TSLA.

15K - $X where X = short term capital gains tax and for a $170K (plus tax) vehicle, likely a wealthy dude or gal, and so 37% x 15K = $5,550 for X and thus, a profit of $9450. Sheesh, can't even pay for his/her FSD "changed my mind" luxury purchase of FSD on their Tesla in their garage, after-purchase decision! ;)

Tesla Tawny Port Anyone?
I'm Ready to Declare 2022 a Vintage Year even before the Harvest
We know 2022 conditions will be ideal:
- demand is pushing delivery dates into H2 of next year
- new factories in Berlin & Austin coming on line.
- 4680 batteries arriving in 2022
- improved supply chain
- etc, etc

But here is one more tailwind:
CEO performance Award expense:
1637165010202.png

The CEO Award expense will be about $160m in 2022 compared to $816m in 2021.
That savings of $656m in GAAP profit translates to an improvement of GAAP EPS of $0.57 per share
At a 200 P/E multiple, this one item alone adds $114 to the share price.

Tesla needs to offer a Port Wine and declare the 2022 Harvest a Vintage Year. Maybe a Tesla Tawny Port.

Edit: My CEO Performance Award Details are here: