Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My adult son works with me, about 14 hours a day mostly. Lives at home. We can't afford to pull cash out of the business to pay enough salary for him to take his own place. So that's just 1 example that shows that at best you post is woefully ignorant of the younger generation. At best but I would fear the worst.

The multi generational home is the norm throughout the world. The fact that it is not the norm here is not a sign of societal well being. Why are so many startups founded in the parents garage? Because that is where they lived. I'm a bit of an older fart but I found your post offensive.
Spot on. I really don't see the shame in young adults living with parents.

Since Tesla vehicles aren't capable of this without modification I wonder how they intend to implement V2G

I am concerned short term what this will do to Q4 if many people people elect to put their orders on hold

Given the length of backlog it'd have to be a massive # of people putting it on hold to matter

Current wait times are horrible and the BBB passing with some form of EV credit will not improve what is a supply issue, not a demand one.

If only Tesla was getting ready to open a whole other factory for building the Y in the US or something :)

Have you applied for a job as a personal financial advisor to Elon Musk? And how did all those rank amateurs get charged with moving billions of dollars of stock?

/s

Funny enough, I've had to call the Musk Foundation to setup a manual bank debit. They weren't configured for self-service ACH withdrawal setup. No PayPal link even?

Point is that Elon isn't a master in every single knowledge domain and there is always room to execute better.

Gary had some awesome as heck strategies for Elon. Selling covered calls and using that to pay his tax bill?!?!?

Keeps all his shares, keeps price stable, scares the shorts.

BADASSSSSS

I'd pay @Lycanthrope to run Elon's option strategies.

You are recommending a SMR video for me? :rolleyes: Yes, I've seen it. like SMR a lot and agree strongly with most of what he says, almost all. I generally agree with him on diversification also. But even SMR is quite diversified by my standards which take into account age, expensive, income sources, etc. This is why I say the right level of diversification will vary by individual. I've been under-diversified quite strongly since I started investing over 30 years ago and I like it that way. But I've never been 100% in any asset. I retired from fishing in Alaska precisely because I was extremely concentrated in one stock appreciating rapidly (over 70-90%) and I didn't want to sell any of it and I didn't want to be on a fishing boat for over 3 months where I couldn't sell if I wanted to. So I retired (permanently) and watched it like a hawk because I had so much on the line (millions).

Some diversification is a very good idea unless you want your life to be ruled by investing (and even then it has it's place). The question every investor needs to answer for themselves at any given point of their life is "How much"?
A good read (or listen), an oldie but contains much common sense advice on "self-worth and net-worth."
(I've given away many copies)
The Number: A Completely Different Way to Think About the Rest of Your Life

The Number: A Completely Different Way to Think About the Rest of Your Life

by Lee Eisenberg

Reactions: AZRI11
Am I alone in not liking the styling of the Lucid Dream?

Can't quite put my finger on it . . . but something about it looks "overdone". Not elegant.
I‘ve seen some around here, it’s a pretty nice looking car - other than the front, or the rear, well anything behind the C pillar basically. Not really sure why, must be boot optimization and / or cD efforts.

The front light panel just reminds me of an oversized Kitt front end.

I expect Elon not to sell since this doesn't "solve" world hunger but UN has come up with a proposal

Seems like he could donate shares to his foundation or some other organization who could sell and fund this worthwhile project, even if just for one year. Although when I stop and think about the corruption potential I cringe…….

Reactions: Nocturnal
Gary had some awesome as heck strategies for Elon. Selling covered calls and using that to pay his tax bill?!?!?

Not awesome: Specifically NOT ALLOWED by Tesla. No stock hedges of any type are allowed for Tesla Executive Officers or Directors, including Puts and Calls.

Gary is new, and doesn't know that much about Tesla. This particular gem is in the 10-K. Paging @st_lopes

No offense to anyone around here, but he probably has better* ways to use his time than watching the ticker and entering trade orders ;)

* better meaning: more productive / useful

While true, could also see him thinking it’s something not needlessly complicated by involving others and can be done in the elevator, on the toilet, etc…kind of like tweeting.

Reactions: SOULPEDL
BOTs and MMs fighting $1,080.97 or so, which is an important technical level. They seem to be masterfully front-running Elon. There are some very large (10,000 plus) sell orders appearing. Either Elon selling or MMs playing games (or both).

Odds are that it's Elon selling.......as in 99.9% chance it's Elon's selling strategy. We saw similar action yesterday in that there was continuous small sell orders that limited the stock until the last hour or so of trading. I'll be curious if we get a repeat of the last hour today.

Not awesome: Specifically NOT ALLOWED by Tesla. No stock hedges of any type are allowed for Tesla Executive Officers or Directors, including Puts and Calls.

Gary is new, and doesn't know that much about Tesla. This particular gem is in the 10-K. Paging @st_lopes

I just checked the 10k here

There are 17 instances where they mention derivatives- but never in the context you suggest.

Such a policy IS mentioned in form 14 from the 2018 shareholder meeting though-

Tesla has an insider trading policy that prohibits all of our directors, officers and employees from, among other things, engaging in short sales, hedging of stock ownership positions, and transactions involving derivative securities relating to Tesla’s common stock.

Just below that is the max-25%-shares-pledged-for-loans policy we've read about too.