Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. What I claim is that if you are going to make noise about causation you should have some evidence. Correlation in time is not evidence. And when similar companies have their stock prices doing similar things that is evidence against.

Just because unique things are happening to Tesla doesn't mean that what the stock is doing has anything to do with them.

NET certainly is tracking TSLA pretty well since their blowout earnings. They both had SP moving events at a similar time. Don't know about the rest of the QQQs.

20201209.jpg

If you wanna run with the big dogs, you gotta be comfortable peeing in the tall grass. :cool:

Wind direction can affect that comfort level a great deal, but I appreciate what you are saying.

I suppose it's some of the chemicals in my brain that, at times, struggle to comprehend a portfolio that is worth as much as it was....5 days ago. I've certainly built a strong resistance to this kind of volatility, but I have yet to completely remove the acute sense of pain I feel on days such as this.

All part of growing and climbing that 8000'er as @tachyon suggested. While I am no expert climber, I try to turn around if I get tired climbing whatever mountain I am on and marvel at just how far I've come from the trailhead/parking lot, even if I'm not at the summit.

I was at lunch today when a dip occurred. I whipped out my phone, logged in to my brokerage app, and bought six more shares with some 'couch' money. There was a time when the dip would have bothered me but now I just grab a couple of more shares as a salve. The only negative is that I no longer have a nice round number of shares. I guess I'll have to pick up another 94 shares during some future opportunities.

Who sold TSLA for DASH? :(

My Model 3 will pick up food at restaurants by itself before Doordash will show a profit.

Doordash also exploiting restaurants during this time of need which is why we need Tesla to come to the rescue ASAP.

DoorDash settles lawsuit for $2.5M over 'deceptive' tipping practices

Seems OT but this is another area of disruption for Tesla.

Who sold TSLA for DASH? :(

My Model 3 will pick up food at restaurants by itself before Doordash will show a profit.

Doordash also exploiting restaurants during this time of need which is why we need Tesla to come to the rescue ASAP.

DoorDash settles lawsuit for $2.5M over 'deceptive' tipping practices

Seems OT but this is another area of disruption for Tesla.
As much as I'd love to see TSLA disrupt the food delivery services, my experience is that having a driver shepherding the process is very helpful. I've had many an occasion where they basically have to negotiate with the restaurant to get the food that was ordered in a timely fashion, or even prove to the restaurant people that I actually did place the order.

But yeah I agree that $70B for Doordash seems ridiculous esp. when they have lots of competition with UberEats, GrubHub, etc.

Wind direction can affect that comfort level a great deal, but I appreciate what you are saying.

I suppose it's some of the chemicals in my brain that, at times, struggle to comprehend a portfolio that is worth as much as it was....5 days ago. I've certainly built a strong resistance to this kind of volatility, but I have yet to completely remove the acute sense of pain I feel on days such as this.

All part of growing and climbing that 8000'er as @tachyon suggested. While I am no expert climber, I try to turn around if I get tired climbing whatever mountain I am on and marvel at just how far I've come from the trailhead/parking lot, even if I'm not at the summit.
I am more stressed when TSLA gets way ahead of the fundamentals ... there is still quite a bit of execution risk ahead and I would hate to see a stupid high TSLA SP that i sell a portion of my shares and regret later .. as it is hard to buy back at higher prices... hard to determine when to buy back ... i did this early on with Tesla I sold shares in 401 K only to buy back 3 days later due to FOMO ... luckily tax free account