Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When does it become a profession?
Come to germany and you will get even more pointless paper for every single small stupid thing

We heard about that regarding whether or not you could finish the factory on schedule considering all the rules (so I'm told).
It's looking good so far, I watched Elon praising the builders today (he is so good at global anything).

That has to be a proud moment, especially when done. Rooting for you (even though my ex wife was 100% German - so demanding too.)

Hey, I did the same. I have a "Pensions saving plan" - €150 per month since 2004, used to be Skandia, got bought by Old Mutual, now they renamed themselves Quilter (stupid sounding name). Anyway, I got a letter saying that they were reviewing their funds and the one I was in, was being stopped as it was not providing returns or too expensive - I can agree with that the value of this fund is about the same as the money I've paid in, so effectively less if you take into account inflation.

After searching through the various funds I could switch to, I found one that has the FAANG and Tesla, and have instructed to switch.

Pretty annoyed that I was never aware of this option in the past :mad:

So yes, this a recommendation to all holders of managed pension funds - ask the question!

View attachment 584160

Is this an ETF or a mutual fund ? Which one is it?

...what's the options volume, though?

Like, if the shorts decided to just buy a ton of put options, the market makers would 100% legitimately, as the exact reason for the market maker exemption, be allowed to short-sell, right?

(Arguably, this is a case for the market maker exemption to be removed, even if the market makers are doing nothing illegal. Although there would be strange effects from the market maker exemption being removed on the IV of put options - one manipulation tactic that would become practical is to buy puts, sell enough stock to shove it below 10% down and trigger the uptick rule, and then as the market makers skyrocket the premiums to cover their massively increased risk from being unable to delta hedge a put, sell your puts. Presumably, puts in general would also just generally have constantly higher IV, due to the constant risk of the uptick rule being activated, as well - how did this work when the uptick rule was the norm for all stocks?)

Those are all good question, for which I have no answers. I do know that:
  • NASDAQ provides no archived data for Options trading
  • there is no publicly-available realtime source for Options
  • Academics have estimated that the Options Market is 20x > Equities
  • the TSLA Options Market may be larger than all others, regardless of the underlying equity
  • we have no visibility into any "dark pools" for Options
The system is set up deliberately to slow the release of information, to strip data that allows tracing of money flows, and to be intrinsically ambiguous for even basic definations of the meaning of certain reported data.

I am in no position to answer those questions. That's the SEC, who aren't asking the questions. I think it's no wonder why Tesla chose the route they did with the stock dividend, given the current oversight environment. Well played, Tesla.

However if you have ideas how answer the questions you've asked, I applaud your efforts.

Cheers!

We heard about that regarding whether or not you could finish the factory on schedule considering all the rules (so I'm told).
It's looking good so far, I watched Elon praising the builders today (he is so good at global anything).

That has to be a proud moment, especially when done. Rooting for you (even though my ex wife was 100% German - so demanding too.)
One of the reasons the project could begin so quickly because it was originally supposed to be a BMW plant. So a lot of the beauracratical environmental work was done already. Total win win for all the parties involved. Germany gets to develop serious EV know how, that helps the industry here to retain EV talent, great for Tesla obviously etc.

Oh actually no win for the existing OEM parties :p

But this does raise an interesting issue, I assume Austin will have the new superior paint shop like Berlin.
I can't see Model Ys with new great paint at Austin being made at the same time as ..."normal paint" from Fremont.

If the new paint is water based, it may mean lower emissions, more layers and perhaps a greater range of colors...
So once Austin is up and running I see some urgency to upgrade the paint shop at Fremont or some extra charge for the water based paint.

All modern automotive paint is water-based and it is far superior to the automotive paints used in the 1970's before regulations encouraged the gradual switch to water-based paints.

The big difference with the new paint shop in Berlin will probably be speed, consistency (and better air handling to prevent small contaminants from creating pinholes). The paint line will also probably require less labor and switch from color to color more easily which will allow a larger choice for buyers.

Tesla is focused like a laser on improving the product while simultaneously making them cost less.

An amazing q3 is wrapping up. China, Germany, Texas, oh my! :)
I'm seeing more model 3s and Ys every day around town.
Ima go with the old standard in times like these:

eoVBiu1.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone explain this re Norway. The e-Tron? (It was posted here today, this story for reference.)

"The most popular electric cars were the Audi e-tron, the Mercedes EQC 400 and the VW e-Golf. The newcomer Polestar 2 follows in fourth place. The Tesla Model 3, on the other hand, is not very well received by the Norwegians and lands in ninth place for new registrations in August. Here Model Y should only bring an upswing again. The market entry of the VW ID.3 will be exciting in September. We expect strong numbers in Norway and the Polestar 2 should continue to enjoy great popularity."

Besides the obvious facts that Fremont was closed during the ‘European build month’ in Q2 and that for Q3 there are still a lot of Model 3 on ships to be delivered in September, there are also some unique circumstances in Norway that could explain this low position of Tesla:

- Norway has one of the highest incomes per capita in the world, so more people can afford the Audi E-Tron and Mercedes EQC.
- There are already a lot of Teslas on the road in Norway, so some buyers may want to opt for something more ‘unique’ and not buy what the neighbours are driving.
- Tesla service was highly strained in Norway for several years, due to the large number of cars being sold and the inability of Tesla in those days to keep up with service center expansion. Those problems got a lot of media attention. It will have dented Tesla’s image with a lot of people.

Maybe our Norwegian posters can add other explanations to this list.

All modern automotive paint is water-based and it is far superior to the automotive paints used in the 1970's before regulations encouraged the gradual switch to water-based paints.

The big difference with the new paint shop in Berlin will probably be speed, consistency (and better air handling to prevent small contaminants from creating pinholes). The paint line will also probably require less labor and switch from color to color more easily which will allow a larger choice for buyers.

Tesla is focused like a laser on improving the product while simultaneously making them cost less.

Yes, the difference is 3 layers of paint rather than water based...

Giga Berlin Will Be The 1st To Get Tesla's Next-Generation Paint Shop

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax