Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm most certainly going to put a MAGA decal on my Cybertruck based on this comment. I might even put one on my Model 3, right beside my DEPLORABLE decal. What am I going to purchase with my TSLA shares once I sell them? An off-grid farm powered by solar and powerwalls. With a big American flag flying loud and proud over the cornfields. Then when my other MAGA friends who come over for BBQ (who also own Tesla's and have Cybertrucks on order) they can park and charge off clean renewable energy from the sun, because why purchase fuel from foreign nations who act hostile to our country? But for now now I'll just keep working 55+ hour weeks at my business (which is powered by solar energy and is looking to purchase a Tesla Semi) so that I can afford to keep investing in TSLA.

You see, we all come from different places and have different views on life. You'd be surprised at who people really are when you view them without politically tainted glasses.
And some will be as poorly thought through as yours.
MAGA to poke em in the eye. Good for you!
And God Bless...FSD, and your lil heart.

• Disagree
Reactions: SpaceCash
I'm most certainly going to put a MAGA decal on my Cybertruck based on this comment. I might even put one on my Model 3, right beside my DEPLORABLE decal. What am I going to purchase with my TSLA shares once I sell them? An off-grid farm powered by solar and powerwalls. With a big American flag flying loud and proud over the cornfields. Then when my other MAGA friends who come over for BBQ (who also own Tesla's and have Cybertrucks on order) they can park and charge off clean renewable energy from the sun, because why purchase fuel from foreign nations who act hostile to our country? But for now now I'll just keep working 55+ hour weeks at my business (which is powered by solar energy and is looking to purchase a Tesla Semi) so that I can afford to keep investing in TSLA.

You see, we all come from different places and have different views on life. You'd be surprised at who people really are when you view them without politically tainted glasses.
I'm very happy for you. It all certainly sounds very loud.

However, I think you may have missed the point I was making, which I believe still stands.

Last edited:

Well said. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the concept of MAGA - it's essentially pride in your country, which, if not taken to extremes is pretty normal and healthy. What's considered normal various across the world - in the UK, if you fly the Union Jack flag in your front-garden then you'll likely be considered a nazi, in Denmark, if you don't fly the Danish flag in your front garden, well you'll likely be considered a nazi.

MAGA has become synonymous with Trump, which is rather unfortunate as the reality is that Americans have always valued patriots and have long been proud of what the country stood for, regardless of the sitting POTUS or their political affiliation.

Perhaps next week. For now it appears that $1450 could be the most profitable strike price target for big option writers (mainly hedge funds and market makers). Even though this is merely a weekly options expiration, options interest this week was large due to the earnings report coming out this Wednesday. That resulted in huge implied volatility propelled premiums before the report and a collapse afterward, as should have been expected. Option writers took avantage.

Many of the speculators were likely sidelined sports bettors who became novice option buyers setting up to be fleeced. Now that baseball has resumed, perhaps we won't see much of them anymore. Any manipulative pressure today should be released on Monday.

It appears they may have wanted to make worthless the call options at a few more strike levels. Let's see if this gets unwound on Monday.

Curt, if we expect this to get unwound, wouldn't we expect to see a strongly positive after-market price?
The Monday gain days that we have had so many of in recent months usually started Monday morning rather than Friday afternoon right?

I could have sold on the morning of July 13th and bought back just now. Should I be rejoicing? LOL.
Focus on the fact that you didn't sell in March at $450. :D

Plus it's gonna make for one hell of an SXSW next year!
True. I might have to make a visit. Although we just got a Torchy's Tacos in KC so maybe not...

The Monday gain days that we have had so many of in recent months usually started Monday morning rather than Friday afternoon right?

Focus on the fact that you didn't sell in March at $450. :D

I always recall there having been a fairly clear rise into the close...we didn't see that today.

Yes, I was just talking to a coworker who sold in the $500s and waited for the dip that never came.

Honestly, the price action post Q2 earnings until September and all the S&P speculation & inclusion are all just noise to me. My eyes are firmly set on Q3 P/D & Earnings. Even Battery Day, while exciting, won't have the impact Q3 will have on the stock. My opinion

In the words of my fav star wars villain "I think it is time we demonstrated the full power of this company. Set your course for End of Q3"

Last edited: