Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
become comfortable with big fluctuations and not fantasize about how you could have sold at the peak and bought in at the trough (because no one knows where those points are until well after they have already happened)

Sorry, I'm 4 pages behind but ^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^

Someone will time this right, and post their $$$$ success. Those who time it badly and miss out (i.e lose $$$) will keep quiet. So we read about success and conclude that timing trades must be the best strategy. Fortunately we have this incredible forum, and its incredible contributors to guide us away from such losses. I can't <heart> you enough!

My understanding was that taxes would be payable at execution. ie the cashless exercising option 1 in the agreement with taxes and the exercise amount being paid for in sold shares as part of the transaction:

Exercise Methods:
1. Cashless: sufficient shares to cover exercise prices and taxes are simultaneously sold upon exercise of options; and
2. Cash: exercise price is paid in cash upon exercise of options
https://tesla.gcs-web.com/static-files/55362f0a-ee8a-4fcc-ba11-cc09194974b6

Once exercised he then can't sell the shares for 5 years. However I agree with you that he would probably borrow against his shares and go with option 2.
Thanks for that digg. I'll add this to our pool of info on Elon's CEO comp. plan:

Tesla Announces New Long-Term Performance Award for Elon Musk | Tesla, Inc.

Paging @MP3Mike

Cheers!

• Disagree
Reactions: ZachF
:cool:

Attachments

• 5FCF862F-7928-43C1-8938-B5748FA6566E.jpeg
    5FCF862F-7928-43C1-8938-B5748FA6566E.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Funny
Reactions: LN1_Casey
Wow, 199 WLTP? For (E) 33k? What's that in real mileage, something like 160? $37.7k for 160 mile range?

That's... real bad. Dunno how they're going to actually sell enough to offset their fleet. I think they'll still be buying as many credits as they can from Tesla for a long, long time.

Seat mii electric with 33kwh battery and similar range is 17k€ before insentives.

Who would pay over double that for a 500e?

Literally so true! My retirement funds have already reached my 2025 target, but now I feel like I really could use another $1-2M to put a little extra icing on the cake, maybe get a vacation home, upgrade my MS to a roadster, etc. TSLA at $1500 was a stretch of the imagination a couple of months ago, now $3000 seems like the least I can settle for.

Don't forget the Cold Gas Thrusters for your Roadster II. :D

PSA:
I recently (7 weeks ago) had my stage 1 cancerous prostate removed. Fortunately caught early enough from my annual physical. Bloodwork came back with an elevated PSA that crossed the magic number of 4 where it had been closing in on for the last 10 years. Other than taking a little longer to start the flow and occasionally getting up once at night, no signs of anything amiss. I'm 63 and very physically active and healthy otherwise. Never smoked, rarely drink, no drugs, very little red meat. No Jack LaLane but no Jack Rickard either (love that guy).

First biopsy had a Gleason score of 6, 3 months later, 2nd biopsy came back a 7 along with Genomic testing showing a somewhat accelerated potential for the cancer to grow. Decision was made after the Gleason score of 7.

From initial concern to removal took about a year with 2 biopsies and second opinion from National Cancer Institute. To all concerned, my prognosis is fantastic, excellent even. My first followup bloodwork shows PSA undetectable. Next one is in 3 months and as long as they stay that way, every 6 months thereafter, I will be considered cured after 5 years.

The reason I'm posting my personal condition on an investors forum can be lumped in as advice. And make no mistake, this is advice. We've done very well for ourselves with the hope that we can someday enjoy the fruits of our exhaustive research and support for a once in a lifetime opportunity. Please take care of your health first. All the money in the world didn't save Steve Jobs. But Prostate Cancer is one of the most curable cancers you can get. And there's sometimes no warning you have it. But don't ignore the warning signs and please, please, get your PSA numbers checked every year starting from the age of 50 and if a history in the family, start at 40.

I hope this doesn't come across as a killjoy or to suck the life out of the party during such an exciting time for all of us. I certainly don't mean it to be and my personal situation is not to be looked upon as pitied or sad. The threat to me is gone. I am 100% certain that I will live out the remainder of my life as if this never happened. This is just a small bump in the road and my life couldn't be better.

This is such an easy disease to detect and cure. It would be a shame after all we've been through to have something as curable as Prostate Cancer take it away.

Well said

Interesting.

Would be good to get this confirmed by a legit source and (if true) details on the time frame.

Does it apply on all EVs made in China?

Removed the tweet and link as @FrankSG pointed out it was doom December 2019

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-21_12-48-18.png
    upload_2020-7-21_12-48-18.png
    439.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Amen. And I curse myself every day for not having jumped in more deeply at the time. (We instead bought an X that month, which will likely turn out to have been the most expensive purchase of my life).

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. Back in the day, you took the decision based on information you had at the time. Dont forget that even Elon said they were seriously close to failing.

I could curse myself for not having purchased the lottery ticket number xxxxxxx after I knew it was the winner, but before the draw I didn't know which number was going to be the winner. I took the decision not to buy it based on information I had at the time. We cant guess what happens next. We can only make the best decisions we can with the info we have.

Small consolation I guess, but this helps me deal with my mistakes much better than kicking myself.