Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would agree with that if Tesla's growth was capital constrained but everything I've seen leads me to believe it's not. Tesla is quickly becoming a money printing machine which means it's possible Tesla might not ever need to raise capital again. In other words, if more capital would be beneficial, then, by all means, raise it. Otherwise it would be a waste.
I'm with you. Hopefully Q3/Q4 prove this beyond argument. Then, by Q1/2021 MIC Model Y should be ramped; Q2/2021 Giga Berlin begins Model Y production; Q3/2021 Tera Austin begins Model Y and Cybertruck production.

The cash generation in 2021 will be absolutely staggering. Should be enough to build Giga Chongqing in 2022 (and GIga Seoul in 2023 ;)).

Folks, in spite of the pandemic, the term virtuous circle began applying to Tesla this year and the market is beginning to realize that.

If StealthP3D is right, then Buckminster's suggestion may be warranted. In any event, I'm with MC3OZ. As he implies, now is the "Peak Opportunity" time to put advantages to work as quickly as possible. That could completely put away any emerging competition. :cool:

Yes, now IS peak opportunity and Tesla is capitalizing on it. They are not sitting on their collective butts high-fiving and telling each other they have "made it".

Because the mission is not complete.

“Funny” story. As some of you know I day trade this stock in addition to invest in it. I day trade to be able to invest in more shares. I’m currently holding my original dream amount, 100, and that stays put on the side. It was 40 before COVID. Feels weird to profit on such a disaster. :/

Anyway I picked up about 15 shares on Friday at 1502 with the intent to sell today. I sold them. I made $400. Yeah I screwed up. hell, at least I wasn’t in the red! lol

This hurts a lot less when my long term account is up 5 figures today! [yes only 5 lol]

I need to learn to spread out the selling. I’m averaging a quick $350 a day which is great but I’m leaving a lot on the table. I try to get in and get out green so I can spend time hanging with my kid.

PS I test drove a used i3 today to hold me over till the Cybertruck. In 2017 it’s MSRP was the same as my Model 3 in 2018. I’d much rather walk! I’m spoiled for life. I can’t buy a gas car. All the other electrics suck. “First” world problems.

I'm already at twice my original goal and I still want more.
Literally so true! My retirement funds have already reached my 2025 target, but now I feel like I really could use another $1-2M to put a little extra icing on the cake, maybe get a vacation home, upgrade my MS to a roadster, etc. TSLA at $1500 was a stretch of the imagination a couple of months ago, now $3000 seems like the least I can settle for.

I need to learn to spread out the selling. I’m averaging a quick $350 a day which is great but I’m leaving a lot on the table. I try to get in and get out green so I can spend time hanging with my kid.

That's an important goal (spending time with your kid) and I have the answer for you.

Hint: The initials are B & H. ;)

That's an important goal (spending time with your kid) and I have the answer for you.

Hint: The initials are B & H. ;)

If I had I infinite money I would. That said, literally because of you I decided to stop trading my “core holdings”. You made me a ton of money. Thank you!!!

But, grinding out ~$350 every day in a couple hours on the side no matter what the market does isn’t a bad living when you’re raising the next Space X CEO and all he wants to do is talk about engineering issues and play Chess. :)

147C1F67-1B63-45EF-9D35-A7489200CDCD.jpeg

And replaced with implants for firmer grip should you decide to take up a side talent as an aerialist.

Recently you've become so conventional. I'm next. Planning to upgrade from a three to an S if it is revamped in September. (I can't drive, but covet the air suspension.) I still think TSLA will hit $2,000 this year and double the next. Just a feeling, no data, just a hunch. Not an advice.
WHAH!?

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
Reactions: FrankSG
From where I sit, Tesla has GROWN their lead over the rest of the pack over the last year as well as over the last 3 years. The recent price cuts were but one indicator of this.

That is my point exactly, when we're talking 200 vs 300 mile range, that's a big deal. With the progress and attention to batteries and drivetrains now, 5 years down the road it'll be 600 mile for the not-so-cutting edge solution vs. 650 for Tesla that managed to squeeze every last bit of optimization out of their integrated system. It just won't be such a big competitive advantage. I'm probably failing to explain this very well, another way to put it is, right now it is only possible to make money on EV if you have both the right cutting edge integrated tech and the massive scale. In a few years there will be many "good enough" batteries with enough scale to make profitable cars. Will they be as slick and refined, and have as good of a margin as Tesla? No. But they will be there and with progress of battery tech it will become less and less of a competitive advantage to squeeze the last bits of efficiency out of the drivetrain and have the most cutting edge battery tech. Run of the mill stuff is going to simply be good enough for most applications.

Last edited:
Totally agree, yet, oddly enough, I can name two others: SpaceX and, believe it or not, Neuralink.

I’m a huge fan of the Boring Company, but don’t think it has quite the same stratospheric potential.

Yeah, SpaceX's potential is stratospheric, while Neuralink's potential is microscopic. But The Boring Company's potential is seismic. ;)

Cheers!

Was at the DMV today. Transferred title to newly purchased 1976 Honda CB750. The original super bike :)

then I rode home and I guess killed my battery(I had been kick starting successfully) but no luck. Walked 2 miles to batteries plus, got new battery and girlfriend was able to pick me up for ride back to bike, and started right up.
Title transfer 70$
Battery 95$
The pissed look on my face: priceless

go Tesla go! tmrw gonna burn the rest of the shorties up

How can "Big Time" not call for a limo????

• Funny
Reactions: CaliBear1 and engle