Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MVIMG_20200530_124952.jpg

Couldn't be more proud. Love him or hate him, you can't deny what Elon has brought to the table in record time.
Great accomplishment, but record time? Nah. Elon time.

"While the first flights of Commercial Crew Program were originally intended to be launched by the end of 2017,[52]...In December 2016, SpaceX announced their first crewed flights would also be delayed to 2018,[55][56]following the loss of Amos-6 in an accidental launch pad explosion of a Falcon 9, the Crew Dragon's launch vehicle."
Commercial Crew Program - Wikipedia

So, 2 1/2 years late

Last edited:
“Yes. Actually, we don’t want to preempt Battery Day. We want to leave the exciting news for that day, but there will be a lot of exciting news to tell. And I think it would be one of the most exciting days in Tesla’s history and we’re just trying to figure out the right timing for that.”

I’m thinking the timing would be perfect...right now!

"While the first flights of Commercial Crew Program were originally intended to be launched by the end of 2017,[52]...In December 2016, SpaceX announced their first crewed flights would also be delayed to 2018,[55][56]following the loss of Amos-6 in an accidental launch pad explosion of a Falcon 9, the Crew Dragon's launch vehicle."

When you are in first place in a race with no other records recorded, the time you have set is record time.

Also with the new extremely strict safety protocols in place from Nasa, the 1960s version would never have launched people to space. The 1960s version was "it didn't blow up yesterday, lets put people in it today...lets go before Russia beats us to it!"

“Yes. Actually, we don’t want to preempt Battery Day. We want to leave the exciting news for that day, but there will be a lot of exciting news to tell. And I think it would be one of the most exciting days in Tesla’s history and we’re just trying to figure out the right timing for that.”

I’m thinking the timing would be perfect...right now!

I would bet on battery day date being given as soon as Sunday night but definitely sometime early next week. It definitely felt like Elon has held off on giving the date until the launch actually happened because it could have potentially been delayed multiple times and he didn't want a potential scenario of a delayed launch affecting battery day

So, 2 1/2 years late
Hmmm. And how late are Boeing et al, I wonder?

Elon delivers!

So, 2 1/2 years late
Even so, finding faults and problems and fixing them is better than the silicon valley motto, move fast and break things... Probably does not apply to cars or rockets...

So, 2 1/2 years late
Umm, how many rockets have you launched into space? What is your point?

Maybe it is not politically correct to give credit where credit is due. Still, it was President Barack Obama who awarded the contract to Space X in 2014. The NASA Administrator cannot admit that any more, it seems. Some of remember being in awe that President Obama went against the entire political-industrial complex to choose SpaceX. In 2014 that was not conventional wisdom.

So, 2 1/2 years late

He didn't say on time...

Umm, how many rockets have you launched into space? What is your point?
My point is that SpaceX contracted with the US Government to deliver a service for a certain cost by a certain date. They were 2½ years late providing that service. That is not “record time”. If they had delivered early, THAT would have been record time.

It was a great accomplishment and it appears to be a great service/product. But it was not delivered on time. I apparently rained on everyone’s parade. I now return you to your regular programming.

Last edited:
Maybe it is not politically correct to give credit where credit is due. Still, it was President Barack Obama who awarded the contract to Space X in 2014. The NASA Administrator cannot admit that any more, it seems. Some of remember being in awe that President Obama went against the entire political-industrial complex to choose SpaceX. In 2014 that was not conventional wisdom.

At first I wasn’t a fan of Jim Bridenstine with his climate change denial but he came around for that.

I honestly believe had anyone else been president, he probably would have mentioned President Obama. But he wants NASA to succeed and Trump would probably shutdown NASA had Jim mentioned Obama’s name.