Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suppose you were a Tesla troll and suppose you wanted to disrupt the TMC community.

Now suppose you used the forum rules and mods to sow partisan discord.

I am not privy to the data and evidence; but I would like to see the hypothesis tested.
My thought is that you would have to have some real motivation because that's about as hard a job as I can think of in a forum of this size. I'd suggest frustration and burnout. Herding big cats is easier than moderating a popular forum--much easier.

One more tailwind:

The letter Tesla sent out to their landlords telling them they were proactively reducing rental payments due to Coronavirus. I wonder if they were crunching some forward-looking numbers and saw that S&P inclusion was somewhat probable and so they decided to tighten the proverbial belt a little to decrease the odds of missing it.

I don’t know if S&P inclusion is specifically on their minds, but it’s clear something is because they are working it from all ends. It’s why I simply can’t worry even if I wanted to. They’re doing absolutely everything they can to set themselves up to succeed not just for today or next quarter but for a long time down the road.

Anyone concerned about Tesla not making it through whatever happens as a result of this pandemic should be building that bunker and stocking it right now because there is no hope for any other company on the planet.

Last edited:
Herbert Diess, CEO of VW made some strong statements about Tesla in an internal WebCast to his top Managers:

"What makes me the most headache are the skills of driving assist systems"

"500,000 Teslas function as a neural network that continuously collects data and offers the customer a new driving experience every 14 days, with improved features." "No other automaker can do that today."

and more...

Alex on Twitter
LOL

'Diess demanded that the newly-created VW car software development team “implement the Tesla catch-up plan”.'

they are working it from all ends. It’s why I simply can’t worry even I wanted to. They’re doing absolutely everything they can to set themselves up to succeed not just for today or next quarter but for a long time down the road.

"Bad companies are destroyed by crises; good companies survive them; great companies are improved by them." -Andy Grove

Is this news? https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/tesla-to-reopen-fremont-factory-on-april-29th/

BC100E59-01D7-47F2-9E8A-8926D53B1EC4.jpeg

LOL

'Diess demanded that the newly-created VW car software development team “implement the Tesla catch-up plan”.'

Interoffice Memo Re: Tesla Catch-up Plan

Team, let’s get together to discuss putting together a committee to study Tesla’s software advantages and then develop a plan to create a similar software architecture for VW’s ID group of vehicles already in production and waiting in lots 23B, 16L & 90Z at building D, and lots 3, 7, 9 and 13 at location 2, building B and general parking at our main facility in Timbuktu.

Yes. A few articles have mentioned some workers being called back for this coming week. Prior a few articles mentioned current plans for Fremont to reopen the week of May 4.

If you’re going to reopen a factory you’d require people to start coming back the week before to prep, check machinery, put new pandemic measures in place etc...

So, at this time it appears Tesla is on track for reopening production in a week’s time.

My thought is that you would have to have some real motivation because that's about as hard a job as I can think of in a forum of this size. I'd suggest frustration and burnout. Herding big cats is easier than moderating a popular forum--much easier.

I agree. I just happen to see the folks at TSLAQ as very motivated. I’m not a conspiracy guy, nor do I underestimate the loyal opposition.

Seriously. Ignore whomever you want. But does it require an announcement?

Yes, when passive aggressive is your thing (see Coronavirus thread). Btw, this whole opposition to conspiracy theories on these forums baffles me based on the subject matter that is dealt with time and time again. There is such a broad range of conspiracy theories and to not think that some of theories have some logical relevance is absurd. Whatever your reality is--- it is just your theory of it anyway. A healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing whether you want to label it a conspiracy, corruption, or whatever. All the things I know of in an in depth manner through experience and indoctrination (education) have showed me time and time again that the general sentiment is typically not the truth.

Consider this, those doing the mass brainwashing will label any other theory as a conspiracy simply because it is taboo and not politically correct. You see it everywhere. How often do you hear this, "i'm not a conspiracy type of guy/gal, but this theory does make sense for so and so reasons"? The avoidance of the label. Labeling is such an effective tool of tribalism. The label of something being a conspiracy theory is a tool. More often then not they use the wildest ones as an example so anyone who has a different thought process from the norm will also be categorized as a potential conspiracy theorist.

Btw, interesting theory about the mods.

Interoffice Memo Re: Tesla Catch-up Plan

Team, let’s get together to discuss putting together a committee to study Tesla’s software advantages and then develop a plan to create a similar software architecture for VW’s ID group of vehicles already in production and waiting in lots 23B, 16L & 90Z at building D, and lots 3, 7, 9 and 13 at location 2, building B and general parking at our main facility in Timbuktu.
Are the TSLAQ folks aware of all these broken VWs in parking lots? Do they have their crack(ed) team of parked car counters on top of this? They must do everything they can to protect all the people invested in that company from the impending bankwuptsy.