Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s an entire thread dedicated to the topic of which @SpaceCash speaks. Please, please go there to read all about it.

You will be richly rewarded by reading thousands of posts by knowledgeable, yet humble medical experts (and one or two doctors) who will share their expertise in a respectful, considerate manner.

/s
@Prunesquallor
And still, you failed to answer the question. Exactly _what_ is the “boarderline hoax”
notwithstanding, you are _not_ whom I asked the question

@SpaceCash
Since you have time to disagree, do you have time to answer the question please?
What is the “borderline hoax” to which you refer?

Screenshot_20200426-092322_Firefox.jpg

I understand people getting concerned about COVID-19, that makes perfect sense.
I think the general concern about COVID-19 is transferring to a concern about Tesla.
But why now?

Great post. I agree with pretty much all of it. I think it can be essentially summed up as: Tesla entered this crisis firing on all cylinders (ahem, so to speak), on the heels of a cash raise that provides substantial runway to weather the macro storm.

Further, Tesla clearly has more compelling products than the competition, does not suffer from the same kill-the-golden-goose dilemma that afflicts all other established automakers, and further benefits from worldwide regulations mandating a rise in clean vehicles and corresponding drop in ICE vehicles. Those same regulations are headwinds for every other established automaker. Tesla is also uniquely positioned to sell in this environment as they were already an online-centric seller and within a week were able to implement touchless deliveries.

In other words, Tesla will certainly fare much better than its competition in this crisis. Unless you believe that the entire auto industry will collapse to nothing, TSLA is the safest horse to ride.

I think we all know the answer, and at this stage it’s an instant ignore list addition for anyone calling it a hoax or even “borderline“ hoax.

Ayup. It's such a broadcast of ignorance that someone with that view should certainly not be trusted to have rational opinions on, say, TSLA.

Ayup. It's such a broadcast of ignorance that someone with that view should certainly not be trusted to have rational opinions on, say, TSLA.
I realize group think is fun for some, but my track record on TSLA is amazing so you should just quit with the insinuations while you're behind.

I will post my entire brokerage history for the past year just to stunt if that would wipe some of the smugness from you because I'm actually a little offended by that last remark

You know what, I'm starting to remember why I took that hiatus.

The boomers are deafening

Hmmm... so I see that FC and Karen followed my lead in taking a hiatus from this board. I AM a trendsetter in all things...

You know what, I'm starting to remember why I took that hiatus.

I remember, you were banned after advocating the slaughter of an entire group of people. Now you're back and already hinting at insane conspiracy theories. Not a great look.

Herbert Diess, CEO of VW made some strong statements about Tesla in an internal WebCast to his top Managers:

"What makes me the most headache are the skills of driving assist systems"

"500,000 Teslas function as a neural network that continuously collects data and offers the customer a new driving experience every 14 days, with improved features." "No other automaker can do that today."

and more...

Alex on Twitter

I was never banned dude. And you're a moron. I'm out again

In the interest of balance. I enjoy reading your TSLA and Tesla related posts. Don't let other forum members bring you down, I think everyone is just on a bit of a knife edge at the moment.

I can also see why you will have riled people up by calling the current situation a hoax, though. There will be people here who have close friends or relatives suffering due to this "hoax" or may have gone through it themselves. I know the restrictions can be frustrating, but for somebody to suggest that this isn't real will be taken very personally and cause deep offence. But I suggest we just keep this thread related to TSLA as much as possible and try to keep opinions about the virus out of it.

Regarding the whole day-trading vs buy & hold strategy, I can only offer my own, hard won experience:

I've done a lot of buy&sell day trading using CFDs on margin with tesla. For a while I made a crazy amount of money doing this, then lost a lot, then made it back and more to spare, then lost all of that, then finally managed (about 60 days ago) to crawl away from the whole fiasco having eventuially lost around $40,000. My day trade account is now empty and the app uninstalled...

Luckily, I also buy and hold real shares in the long term, and I am up a whopping $500k on those.

When I was day trading, it felt like the actual solid buy/hold stocks were *stupid* money. Not margin at all, and not winning at all from the crazy climbs and dips. It was lost potential. hell, when the stock raced up to $800+ and down again I didnt leverage any of that...what a missed opportunity!

But when mr margin call wiped me out I learned a tough lesson. Timing the market is not only really hard, its insidious because it keeps lulling you into thinking it was easy. When I looked at a straight run of 50+ profitable day trades I felt invincible, right up until the day it went wrong (again).

Short version:
Day trading can be dumb but makes you feel smart
Buy&Hold can be smart but makes you feel dumb