Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good grief they changed the semi article again.

Now "by the second half of 2020 -- perhaps as early as the end of the second quarter"

https://www.bizjournals.com/washing...-buys-gainesville-property-for-expansion.html

View attachment 505767

How odd. Here's what the journalist wrote to me in an email:

"He [trucking CEO] just called back to confirm latter part of Q2, and he spoke with a Tesla rep today."

I think an editor is missing up his articles, frankly. The CC pretty much indicated no semi until later this year.

OH WAIT: I just read what I just wrote. He really is confirming Q2. Huh.

Zach is definitely calming the waters. Elon sound like he's about to bitch slap someone.

There were some pretty 'boneheaded' questions from the analysts and Elon was definitely getting irritated. But he held back and didn't lash out. And Zack was absolutely helpful in that regard. Good to have him on the calls.

Q: why not raise money?

A; We are spending money as fast as it makes sense as it is. So no need to raise money. We are not limited by cash. We learned during Model 3 launch in that we tried to grow too quickly, wasted money, had wasteful processes. We are now smarter. We are launching 2 vehicles now (Model Y and Model Y shanghai I presume).
What do you call a genius that is getting smarter?

Q: Maxwell plans?

Elon: Will talk about this in April. Will blow people's minds. Actually it blows my mind. Retail investors have put together most of the puzzle pieces. The questioner ended by saying he needs to read the blogs more. Too funny.

What was weird to me is the analyst pushed again specifically on the ultracap technology and Elon said that is actually part of the puzzle. I'm confused on that piece, didn't seem like that sort of ultra high energy density made sense anywhere in the automotive space. Will have to think on this more.

Hilarious how Elon's pretty much openly saying if you want to know the specs/numbers of our next-gen batteries and battery processes...…..follow the retail investors.

Seems like the only real negative to come out of this earnings and conf call is that there is a bit of a doubt about Q1 profitability. But now that Tesla is lowballing estimates so much, who know's if they're actually sandbagging that guidance as well.

Q: Maxwell plans?

Elon: Will talk about this in April. Will blow people's minds. Actually it blows my mind. Retail investors have put together most of the puzzle pieces. The questioner ended by saying he needs to read the blogs more. Too funny.
Questioner needs to drink more coffee (Maxwell house of course), the new batteries are good to the last drop....

How odd. Here's what the journalist wrote to me in an email:

"He [trucking CEO] just called back to confirm latter part of Q2, and he spoke with a Tesla rep today."

I think an editor is missing up his articles, frankly. The CC pretty much indicated no semi until later this year.

OH WAIT: I just read what I just wrote. He really is confirming Q2. Huh.

Under-promise, under-sell, over-deliver. Works Every. Single. Time.

Larry Ellison taught this to Elon I think. If so then that was a super contribution by Larry! :D