Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the Cyberdip at $333 this morning. :cool:

Also:

B0A0D76E-A8FE-4A07-BD8C-2146FB495EED.png

Apple Pay kept saying transaction failed, please try again. :eek:

Like many people I had to get used to the cybertruck look at first, but honestly, it is better than I envisioned. Elon "warned" us that it would be different, and it is! Based on the demonstration, it appears tough, fast, cool and practical - all things you want in a truck.

To me it looks like a F-117 Stealth fighter on wheels. For $40 - 60K!

O.T. During the first Gulf war I attended an Air Show that featured a low altitude fly by a Stealth. One of the coolest things I've ever seen.
It came in at a few hundred feet. Initially a black speck in the distance and 2 or 3 seconds later it zooms overhead. No smoke trail at all.
No sound either until it flew over the grandstand. Then the roar of its engines hits. A second or two later and it's again a speck in the distance. :D

also the fact that people are wondering it it was intentional is extremely cultish. Like they are never capable of messing up.

LOL, very cultish:

Absolutely the breaking of the glass during the demo was amateur hour, and has been so during much of Tesla's 10+ years of existence, with Elon getting a solid C- grade for "public presentation performance".

<Eyeroll.> ;)

Last edited:
I was surprised to see the count of facebook friends who put in a reservation. It's $100 nonrefundable now, right?

The numbers are probably not sequential. See my post above - all four reservations were within a 15 minute period and the numbers are all over the place. I suppose it's possible but I find it unlikely.

Last edited:
Do y’all care to know this? I teach at a middle school in suburbia southern Illinois. The 7th and 8th graders absolutely LOVE the cybertruck and are imploring me to get one.

A bit young there, but all those helicopter moms will love the child protection it offers when it takes their kid to school on it's own.

Reactions: capster
looks to me like

triangle + moving across land = some cognitive dissonance

(moving very fast seems to increase this reaction)

how lasting the cognitive dissonance is for various people is unknown

I suspect those most impacted by this correlate high with likelihood of having a strong dislike of the X, Y, and 3 at various angles... these people are probably finding those 3 vehicles suddenly more warm, familiar and attractive this morning, lols.

jokes aside, I’m basically sure this does fine for initial production. I actually flipped in about 20 minutes from no way this is a hit to... not sure, but a bit more likely than not a hit. either way, while partially due to what drove the triangle design, the specs last night still point to very encouraging trends re expected drivetrain cost and performance improvements for all Teslas... and, yes, Elon has already for some time been open to adding a more familiar looking pickup to the lineup if it makes sense commercially.

WSJ's Charley Grant is so consistent with his shots across the bow (he hits the FUD talking points along the way: revenue down, high debt, competition heating up, it's only a concept, etc.).....some excerpts from his article this morning:

"The attempt at expansion makes some sense. Pickup trucks are immensely popular with U.S. consumers and a major profit center for manufacturers. Tesla badly needs a new growth engine: revenue fell 8% from a year earlier in the third quarter, including a nearly 40% drop in the U.S. Serious competition from rivals in its electric sedan business is finally beginning to arrive. Meanwhile, debt has piled up on the balance sheet and the stock trades at 75 times forward earnings estimates—about 10 times what Detroit-based rivals fetch.

Mr. Musk touted the truck’s strength, range and affordability, which are impressive on paper."

Last edited:
If max pain is $345 this week it'll probably close right there. Steeper net drop than I thought.

I hoped for $320 so my main buy order didnt fill :/ The more I think about this the more I like the truck and what it implies. Secure storage, tougher than a legacy truck (especially if the glass becomes more solid), enough range to tow things, at a price that unless its severely subsidized, implies that model 3 and model y are going to be like printing money in the next two years. The cost for battery packs must be coming down significantly in the next two years for that pricing to make sense. That is probably also what Semi and Roadster are waiting on.

At first I thought such a hideous thing but just walking around the parking lot and looking at the big work trucks and imaging a tesla cybertruck parked next to it made me laugh. My friend reserved one just in case, I think we got two years to get used to the looks and will love it by then. I can already feel it.

It should have 2 speeds for off roading as that much power in one high gear is way too much.

Nikola already makes 2 electric toys.. The RZR type and a watercraft..
Nikola Corp | Nikola Powersports
Having a low-range option for places like Elephant Hill in Canyonlands NP could be helpful but not sure it'd be needed (maybe if I was towing a Falcon 9 rocket). I doubt I'll be off-roading in it though, mainly because it's too wide to get through some of those routes. I see myself (and our local National Guardsmen) rescuing flat-landers with bald tires from snow-covered I-25.