Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's annoying because
1) i'm an investor, not a day-trading speculator
2) fake news should not have equal weight as real news.

It doesn’t. At any point the true share price is a function of the market price and the short interest percentage. The latter factor significantly wound up over past three sessions. As it unwinds the true gain over past three sessions is reflected in market price.

Think of it like a gas car. The accelerator has been depressed. Soon, the car moves.

Don’t forget Oprah.

...even dead people drive them! WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!!

9-26-2019 3-29-40 PM.png

So I went and bought myself a Volkswagen atlas SUV(since I'm not going to drop 60k+ for a X..my wife works in a big box store which means she get dents and dings daily).

Anyways, bought the car, TWO of the the car sales man was more interested in my Tesla model 3 and said how they can't wait to get one. I was test driving one of their cars and instead of talking about the features of the car while I test drove, they ended up asking me questions about my Model 3. It's like the twilight zone man.

And before people get up and talk about Volkswagen's diesel gate..I was part of that and they cashed me a check for it. We however needed a car with a very long warranty and 7 seater. The Atlas fit that bill.

Do you mean when Porsche introduced the Taycan with "up to 350 kW charging speed", they were effectively lying?
I believe Porsche introduced a charger that was capable of 350kW speed. Don't believe they ever said the Taycan definitively will charge at 350kW immediately.

Of course, I can install a 350kW charger in my back yard. The tough part is making the battery pack....which apparently they did not do.

Money manager Tim Seymour rose to an emotional shrill today when he again dissed Tesla, while it was being discussed on CNBC's Fast Money after the market close. In the past he has admitted to being a Tesla short seller, yet did not provide a disclaimer today and was not asked for one by host Melissa Lee. Regular panel member Guy Adami normally gets Seymour to admit his Tesla short position, but Adami was not there today.

The Fast Money segment appears to exist as a platform for money managers to promote their holdings, without a requirement for them to acknowledge those holdings. When I was in TV financial news, we always insisted that guests reveal any holdings in stocks being discussed.

So I went and bought myself a Volkswagen atlas SUV(since I'm not going to drop 60k+ for a X..my wife works in a big box store which means she get dents and dings daily).

Anyways, bought the car, TWO of the the car sales man was more interested in my Tesla model 3 and said how they can't wait to get one. I was test driving one of their cars and instead of talking about the features of the car while I test drove, they ended up asking me questions about my Model 3. It's like the twilight zone man.

And before people get up and talk about Volkswagen's diesel gate..I was part of that and they cashed me a check for it. We however needed a car with a very long warranty and 7 seater. The Atlas fit that bill.

Chrysler Pacifica plug in hybrid with 50 mile electrical range fits the bill even better, if Model Y is too small for you next year. I am guessing Model Y 7 seats are not much more roomy than Model X

• Helpful
Reactions: Sean Wagner
A quick Google search found multiple sites stating Bill Maher drives (drove?) a green Roadster.

Anyone on Twitter can use the hashtag #RTOvertime to submit questions to the shows YouTube channel. Better, submit questions to their blog. I did. I'd encourage others to do so as well as use the Twitter tag.

One could also direct a Tweet to @billmaher as well...

Bill is a very strong believer in climate change, trashing the current administration to that end. I rather enjoy his shows.

We've been told that TSLA would be a 10-bagger for many years. Maybe it will happen one day, but I'm not holding my breath.

I said it a long while back. This is a stock to be traded. Good news today is typically replaced by bad news tomorrow. It's a trader's dream come true, particularly since emotions run high in both bull and bear camps.

Mentioned this in the past when this gets brought up but Amazon was a perfect stock to be "traded".....until it wasn't. What happening with Tesla stock has happened to other stocks, notably Amazon where it did nothing for years and was heavily shorted. How did that turn out?

All Tesla has to do is continue their growth, get to consistent profitability, and eventually the stock that was the perfect "trade" stock starts going up and never looks back

Last edited:
Mentioned this in the past which this gets brought up but Amazon was a perfect stock to be "traded".....until it wasn't. What happening with Tesla stock has happened to other stocks, notably Amazon where it did nothing for years and was heavily shorted. How did that turn out?

All Tesla has to do is continue their growth, get to consistent profitability, and eventually the stock that was the perfect "trade" stock starts going up and never looks back

THIS

AMD was the perfect trading stock between 10-14 until it wasn't. I got caught up in the "it wasn't" and regretted ever since.

We've been told that TSLA would be a 10-bagger for many years. Maybe it will happen one day, but I'm not holding my breath.

Never hold your breath waiting for a stock to appreciate. Just watch the story unfold. If you don't like the direction you think it's going, sell and move on to a company you like.

Personally, I don't expect Tesla to be one of my top three biggest winners because their number one goal is not profit and I've been lucky enough to have had concentrated positions in a number of 10-baggers. But I think Tesla will be successful and with that success will come big profits. I've definitely never held stock with such a long time horizon for the complete payout but I got in late starting not until last year and have purchased most of it this year. So I'm already sitting on an 8% gain on an annual basis. Plus, I didn't like some stuff I saw unfolding last year and sold most of my stock for a larger gain than that. I was not playing the bounces, I just thought it was over-valued considering the challenges they had in front of them. Like any stock, perhaps even more so due to its volatility, you have to be judicious about keeping your cost basis low. Accumulate when the getting is good. If you have been waiting too long for your TSLA to be in the black, it's only because you bought it too high. I'm very pleased with the performance so far (of both the company and the stock) and think the best is yet to come.

Money manager Tim Seymour rose to an emotional shrill today when he again dissed Tesla, while it was being discussed on CNBC's Fast Money after the market close. In the past he has admitted to being a Tesla short seller, yet did not provide a disclaimer today and was not asked for one by host Melissa Lee. Regular panel member Guy Adami normally gets Seymour to admit his Tesla short position, but Adami was not there today.

The Fast Money segment appears to exist as a platform for money managers to promote their holdings, without a requirement for them to acknowledge those holdings. When I was in TV financial news, we always insisted that guests reveal any holdings in stocks being discussed.
just listened to it hoping there was a positive comment even if for a few second. But sadly the chumps at CNBC still don’t get it.
One guy even said that the demand was high because of the pull forward effect of the tax credit expiration on Jan 1st. How lame! Truly they make these shows for propaganda and greed.

I said it a long while back. This is a stock to be traded. Good news today is typically replaced by bad news tomorrow. It's a trader's dream come true, particularly since emotions run high in both bull and bear camps.

Tesla's IPO price on June 29, 2010 was $17. It's a 10-bagger. :cool:

THIS

AMD was the perfect trading stock between 10-14 until it wasn't. I got caught up in the "it wasn't" and regretted ever since.

QCOM was the perfect trading stock in the mid-1990s (until it wasn't). In the spring of 1999 it took off and went up 36-fold in one calendar year. That's right, for every $100,000 invested at the beginning of the year you had $3.6 million at the end of the year. But only if you weren't playing the bounces. People who played the bounces got hurt badly. To my way of investing, money left on the table is no different than losing money.

sep26short.jpg

Looks like the manipulators got caught with hundreds of thousands of shares still shorted when Electrek released the news about Elon's email. That makes two days in a row now when TSLA closed way up in the afternoon. Such climbs into close are expensive for the entities that were working TSLA stock price today, hoping for a push-down into the red by close.

Volumebot.com's chart shows 63.5% of TSLA selling tagged to short-sellers today. Glad the manipulators got caught with their hands in the cookie jar when the whistle blew.

I was shopping for a Jeep Wrangler for my daughter and the salesman and I kept talking about my Model S. I offered to let him drive it around the block, but he looked around the lot as if someone was watching him and respectfully declined. After we left, my daughter was like, “I bet if he could have, he would have bought a car from you.”