Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 459374

Looks like the manipulators got caught with hundreds of thousands of shares still shorted when Electrek released the news about Elon's email. That makes two days in a row now when TSLA closed way up in the afternoon. Such climbs into close are expensive for the entities that were working TSLA stock price today, hoping for a push-down into the red by close.

Volumebot.com's chart shows 63.5% of TSLA selling tagged to short-sellers today. Glad the manipulators got caught with their hands in the cookie jar when the whistle blew.
Big Oil can afford it.

Tesla's IPO price on June 29, 2010 was $17. It's a 10-bagger. :cool:

I know. I even seriously considered investing at the IPO. I really wanted to. But I didn't like the risk/reward ratio I saw. I talked myself out of it. I thought the chance of them being successful was astronomical (even though I already knew EV's were the future). But I didn't know the tenacity and clarity of vision Musk possessed. His accomplishments to date really are supernatural.

Then, when TSLA was trading in the $200's, I still didn't like the risk/reward ratio I saw. I've been watching it ever since it's IPO and didn't buy my first shares until I nibbled a little bit last year "just for fun" and sold for a profit. Now it's my third-largest holding, I'm in the money, and I like my future chances. It's not uncommon for big winners to have two or more distinct share price appreciation periods.

Regardless, why is Linette Lopez given air time on his show? She's a reporter, who was supposedly demoted. Usually guests of a show are NOT made to feel uncomfortable. I am skeptical of anything positive coming out of her "interview".

Message Bill on Twitter. Give him a heads up about her. Who knows if he'll get it , but you can try.

Bollinger unveils new B1/B2 electric utility truck and pickup - Electrek

614 Horsepower​

Cool!

100 MPH Top Speed​

Ugh that's very low, will struggle on the Autobahn and wont get below 10:00 on the Nürburgring, must be limited by something??

Oh, never mind:

Bollinger-B2-3_4-Front-lead.jpg

Bollinger was clearly trying to save costs by completely eliminating the aero design team.

Also, they should not expect a top score for NCAP and IIHS "pedestrian protection" either - that front is more like a freight train than a modern curved car front that gives pedestrians a chance of survival...

I’ve seen soapboxes designed by 8 year olds that are more attractive. At least they showed it in black. Black is very slimming.

Money manager Tim Seymour rose to an emotional shrill today when he again dissed Tesla, while it was being discussed on CNBC's Fast Money after the market close. In the past he has admitted to being a Tesla short seller, yet did not provide a disclaimer today and was not asked for one by host Melissa Lee. Regular panel member Guy Adami normally gets Seymour to admit his Tesla short position, but Adami was not there today.

The Fast Money segment appears to exist as a platform for money managers to promote their holdings, without a requirement for them to acknowledge those holdings. When I was in TV financial news, we always insisted that guests reveal any holdings in stocks being discussed.
Obiwan was right: "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

At one point, whack-boi says if deliveries come in at 85k then the CEO would be removed. smh. Watch it for a laugh or 3.

Obiwan was right: "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

At one point, whack-boi says if deliveries come in at 85k then the CEO would be removed. smh. Watch it for a laugh or 3.

So when SP goes down on rumors it is OK, but internal email that gets leaked is not OK. SCUMBags

@4:09 on frame there is a shot with back screen saying Elon ... with the Ex cut off from Exelon ;)

We've been told that TSLA would be a 10-bagger for many years. Maybe it will happen one day, but I'm not holding my breath.

I said it a long while back. This is a stock to be traded. Good news today is typically replaced by bad news tomorrow. It's a trader's dream come true, particularly since emotions run high in both bull and bear camps.
Good luck with that. Yikes! :confused:

For me, it is not worthwhile to goof around trading TSLA or anything else. It's especially foolish wrt TSLA given the depth of pockets, far reach and deep mendacity of Tesla's opposition.

I plan to continue to be a long-term long and remain in quite deep with TSLA. This is an insight driven investment based on my own experience -- not what "We've been told...". That insight is based on many years in technology in Silicon Valley including a dozen in R&D for a German auto OEM (boy, it took me way too long to learn what innovation can and, much more likely, cannot be brought to market by entrenched manufacturers. Disappointed. :(). Armed with that insight, all I need is patience of which I have a great deal.

I read this forum for enjoyment and to improve my TSLA purchasing.

I'm not holding my breath either nor am I selling for many, many years. It will likely prove very dear to buy back most of those ~40 million vapor shares. :cool:

Last edited:
Here's my Q2 Model 3 inventory estimate:

Code:
  =========|============|============|============|===========|================|=============
  quarter  | production | deliveries | Δinventory | inventory | transit        | fleet
  =========|============|============|============|===========|================|=============
  2017/Q2  |          0 |          0 |          0 |         0 |       0        |      0
  2017/Q3  |        260 |        220 |        +40 |        40 |      40        |      0
  2017/Q4  |      2,425 |      1,550 |       +875 |       915 |     860        |     55
  2017/10K |            |         -6 |         +6 |       921 |     866        |     55
  2018/Q1  |      9,766 |      8,180 |     +1,586 |     2,507 |   2,040        |    467
  2018/Q2  |     28,578 |     18,440 |    +10,138 |    12,645 |  11,166        |  1,479
  2018/Q3  |     53,239 |     55,840 |     -2,601 |    10,044 |   8,048        |  1,996
  2018/Q4  |     61,394 |     63,150 |     -1,756 |     8,288 |   1,010        |  7,278
  2018/10K |            |       +312 |       -312 |     7,976 |     698        |  7,278
  2019/Q1  |     62,950 |     50,932 |    +12,018 |    19,996 |   8,350 [est.] | 11,644 [est.]
  2019/Q2  |     72,531 |     77,550 |     -5,019 |    14,977 |   6,400 [est.] |  8,577 [est.]

If this is accurate then Tesla had only 8.5k unsold units in Q2, and that includes all service, showroom and test drive vehicles.

I just don't see how they could squeeze these down to 5.5k, while there's reported incentives for inventory mismatch. Also, every new LHD country will most likely have hundreds of units that couldn't be delivered in time to the right owner - as it happened in Q1 in Europe.

I believe "Delivery Hell" is a per country phenomenon (a local staff learning curve) that affected China and many European countries as well - why would the UK or Australia be an exception?
Because they have the Right Hands?
Kidding! Great analysis! It seems to me tesla production increased a lot in Q3 so to make 100k happen.

A quick Google search found multiple sites stating Bill Maher drives (drove?) a green Roadster.

Anyone on Twitter can use the hashtag #RTOvertime to submit questions to the shows YouTube channel. Better, submit questions to their blog. I did. I'd encourage others to do so as well as use the Twitter tag.

One could also direct a Tweet to @billmaher as well...

Bill is a very strong believer in climate change, trashing the current administration to that end. I rather enjoy his shows.
"believer" being the operative word. ;)

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: Skryll and JRP3
I'm going to predict 88,000 Model 3s and 15,000 S/X. Model X numbers will be steady while there will be a significant decline in Model S. Conversely, the ASP of Model 3s will go up because of more AWD Performance models being sold (cannibalizing model S sales). W223 is coming out fairly soon and is probably eating away at some sales too.

Message Bill on Twitter. Give him a heads up about her. Who knows if he'll get it , but you can try.

Any suggestions on a message that wouldn't come across as being a tesla fanatic?

"Did you know that L.Lopez has only written negative articles about Tesla?" - because she's a reporter who followed where her leads went?
"Did you know that L.Lopez is the reporter who enticed M.Trip to hack Tesla's mfgr database?" - was it enticing or following a good lead?
"Why is L.Lopez on your show?" - watch next week's episode to find out!! :(

Reactions: Drax7
Any suggestions on a message that wouldn't come across as being a tesla fanatic?

"Did you know that L.Lopez has only written negative articles about Tesla?" - because she's a reporter who followed where her leads went?
"Did you know that L.Lopez is the reporter who enticed M.Trip to hack Tesla's mfgr database?" - was it enticing or following a good lead?
"Why is L.Lopez on your show?" - watch next week's episode to find out!! :(
What about "I find it troubling that you invited L to your show who has a track record of publishing misinformation w.r.t. climate change and misleading readers on this topic, for which you and I both care about..."

I just threw up in my beer....I blame them mostly and you a tiny bit for linking that sorry piece of video idiocy.