Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maher is a POS with no soul, a true "limousine liberal".

So he'll cuss out Tesla if the opportunity arises. Don't forget Biden has already hosted an event for Chanos. These people are scumbags.

I'm pretty certain Bill drives a Model S...

He is a libertarian actually..so, If you ask a question then consider that Government/dealership pressures in many states would be something I doubt he 'likes'....Doubtful he also likes potential big oil/existing OEMs 'resistance' to EVs (particularly Teslas)

Introducing Software Version 10.0

Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles

"To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while connected to WiFi for these cars."​

I don’t believe this Musk pump BS. I believe Daniel Ives, who’s actual job is to analyze companies and provide price targets. Daniel Ives told us to buy at $380 and sell at $180, and that’s really nice of him. He just wants us to donate to Wall Street. They have families and need to eat, too. Spread the wealth. I’m in favor of communism. Free Tesla’s for all, I say! :)

My estimate is 73,912 cars
View attachment 459313

To be fair he said that before Musk e-mail was leaked. And actually I have a feeling he is on our side, he just knows what he have to tell ;)

edit: you know, consensus

Dunno, Model 3 inventory was already silly low last quarter, and they'd further drain that by another 3k units while expanding to big markets with deep delivery queues?

I think a Q3 production surprise might be possible - Tesla usually tracks new orders with production...

Or they might be production constrained at Fremont, as Carsonight has reported from GF1.
Model 3 inventory was a bit under 8k at the start of the year. That was North America only, and today NA is 60% of sales so it scales to ~13k global inventory vs. ~15k at end of Q2. I don't see a problem with 3k inventory reduction. They should have enough backlog in new RHD regions that every car shipped is already spoken for.

They had one ship on the water at end of Q2, could be 1k cars right there.

Yeah, me too. :rolleyes:
oh come on, that's not even important. You know what makes the difference? Access. Does Jalopnik want access to new cars before the premier, shoot a review and release it 60 seconds after the NDA is lifted, or would it prefer writing an article about other magazines' reviews? 10k clicks vs 100k clicks. No biggie. (Speaking from experience...)
I disagree with your first point and agree with the second. Access is clearly important, however i think its naive to believe the many thousands of dollars of perks lavished on journalists has no impact on what they write after having that access.

Bollinger unveils new B1/B2 electric utility truck and pickup - Electrek

614 Horsepower​

Cool!

100 MPH Top Speed​

Ugh that's very low, will struggle on the Autobahn and wont get below 10:00 on the Nürburgring, must be limited by something??

Oh, never mind:

Bollinger-B2-3_4-Front-lead.jpg

Bollinger was clearly trying to save costs by completely eliminating the aero design team.

Also, they should not expect a top score for NCAP and IIHS "pedestrian protection" either - that front is more like a freight train than a modern curved car front that gives pedestrians a chance of survival...

Last edited:

614 Horsepower​

Cool!

100 MPH Top Speed​

Ugh that's very low, must be limited by something??

Oh, never mind:

Bollinger was clearly trying to save costs by completely eliminating the aero design team.

Also, they should not expect a top score for NCAP and IIHS "pedestrian protection" either.

It's like they couldn't afford a design team so they modeled it off of how a 6 year old draws a truck

I’ve learned from experience with TSLA that you need to have a long position and trade on swings to make money in this stock.

That's true. Until it isn't true.

If you're in a stock that's going to be a 10-bagger, it's almost always better to be all in than playing the bounces. Because people that play the bounces almost always miss most of the big rises. The stock goes up 30%, they sell, happy that they made money only to watch it continue to rise. They keep telling themselves it will go back down so they better wait to buy in again but it keeps going up. And up. And up. Their only consolation is they made 30%. Dividing your holdings into "buy and hold" and "play the bounces" doesn't solve this problem because any money used to "play the bounces" could have been used for "buy and hold".

He is a libertarian actually..so, If you ask a question then consider that Government/dealership pressures in many states would be something I doubt he 'likes'....Doubtful he also likes potential big oil/existing OEMs 'resistance' to EVs (particularly Teslas)
Bill is not a libertarian. He espouses some libertarian ideas such as legalizing pot and non traditional marriages but then supports non- libertarian ideas such as gun control. Bill has been openly hostile to home schooling.

Mods feel free to move this to politics

Model 3 inventory was a bit under 8k at the start of the year. That was North America only, and today NA is 60% of sales so it scales to ~13k global inventory vs. ~15k at end of Q2. I don't see a problem with 3k inventory reduction. They should have enough backlog in new RHD regions that every car shipped is already spoken for.

They had one ship on the water at end of Q2, could be 1k cars right there.

Here's my Q2 Model 3 inventory estimate:

Code:
  =========|============|============|============|===========|================|=============
  quarter  | production | deliveries | Δinventory | inventory | transit        | fleet
  =========|============|============|============|===========|================|=============
  2017/Q2  |          0 |          0 |          0 |         0 |       0        |      0
  2017/Q3  |        260 |        220 |        +40 |        40 |      40        |      0
  2017/Q4  |      2,425 |      1,550 |       +875 |       915 |     860        |     55
  2017/10K |            |         -6 |         +6 |       921 |     866        |     55
  2018/Q1  |      9,766 |      8,180 |     +1,586 |     2,507 |   2,040        |    467
  2018/Q2  |     28,578 |     18,440 |    +10,138 |    12,645 |  11,166        |  1,479
  2018/Q3  |     53,239 |     55,840 |     -2,601 |    10,044 |   8,048        |  1,996
  2018/Q4  |     61,394 |     63,150 |     -1,756 |     8,288 |   1,010        |  7,278
  2018/10K |            |       +312 |       -312 |     7,976 |     698        |  7,278
  2019/Q1  |     62,950 |     50,932 |    +12,018 |    19,996 |   8,350 [est.] | 11,644 [est.]
  2019/Q2  |     72,531 |     77,550 |     -5,019 |    14,977 |   6,400 [est.] |  8,577 [est.]

If this is accurate then Tesla had only 8.5k unsold units in Q2, and that includes all service, showroom and test drive vehicles.

I just don't see how they could squeeze these down to 5.5k, while there's reported incentives for inventory mismatch. Also, every new LHD country will most likely have hundreds of units that couldn't be delivered in time to the right owner - as it happened in Q1 in Europe.

I believe "Delivery Hell" is a per country phenomenon (a local staff learning curve) that affected China and many European countries as well - why would the UK or Australia be an exception?

614 Horsepower​

Cool!

100 MPH Top Speed​

Ugh that's very low, will struggle on the Autobahn and wont get below 10:00 on the Nürburgring, must be limited by something??

Oh, never mind:

Also, they should not expect a top score for NCAP and IIHS "pedestrian protection" either.

Those giant 5 story stamping machines are expensive, and speed isn't the only marketing tool. Do we know the price tag?

Not sure I'm ready to dismiss any competitor and Tesla world dominance, otherwise variety will be lacking very soon.

I think this is the one where you can put very long lumber or whatever through the center if I'm not mistaken. I think that's a door in front.

• Informative
Reactions: BBone
It's like they couldn't afford a design team so they modeled it off of how a 6 year old draws a truck

Btw., while I find the Bollinger design romantic in the retro sense, I don't think such a pedestrian destruction death-machine should be street legal ...

It's 2019 for heaven's sake, pedestrian protection designs are a thing. The family of the first kid unnecessarily crushed by that monster instead of being thrown over the hood with a broken leg should sue the pants off Bollinger.