Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q1 is certainly going to be very weak in the Netherlands.

@neroden's "demand pull forward" model estimated that for roughly every 5% of price advantage offered, about 1 month of demand is pulled forward from the pool of 2020 buyers. Does anyone know what the price gradient is before/after costs of the Model 3 are in a Netherlands, for a reasonable time interval a business would consider in their calculation?
I don't know if his model applies in this case. I've read the tax rate is based on year of registration, not the year the lease begins. Leasing companies can in theory buy and register a year's worth of cars in late 2019 and lease them throughout 2020 at the more favorable tax rate.

I'm way out of my depth talking Dutch tax code, though. Perhaps those with direct knowledge can say if this is happening.

Deliveries of Model 3 in NL+NO+SP have blown past the final numbers for Q2 and should pass Q1 in the next day or two.
View attachment 458987 View attachment 458988
If you’re looking for bad news, S/X numbers look sure to come in behind Q2, though still ahead of Q1.

This is what it looks like QoQ for all Tesla vehicle deliveries combined: EV registration statistics for The Netherlands, Norway and Spain
Screenshot 2019-09-26 at 07.31.31.png

As an example, 15 minutes ago a (probably new) customer asks on the Benelux FB groups where the button for the flash lights is.

Edit: I meant ‘hazard warning flashers’, as they are called in the manual. Sorry, I’m not a native English speaker.
Hah. My wife asked me that too just the other day, and she's been driving the thing now for 21 months. The funny thing is that I couldn't remember either. Had to look it up.

• Love
Reactions: Fact Checking
Fascinating tweet from Elon about AI taking over from human trolls on social media. Directly threatens forums like this one. The world urgently needs a “proof of human” mechanism. Ideally one per person - stymie the multi account trolls at the same time.

Twitter

When you think about how that can be done, social media account must require a special email address which is a core IP Email address of a particular type not Gmail etc...

The user must establish their identity and bank account details with the ISP....

The ISP must be known and trusted by the social media site, some forms of trolling result in fines with the ISP must pass on to the customer, extreme forms of trolling result in bans and timeouts resulting in the customer losing internet access.... possibly only after regular bans on multiple sites..

If there is any evidence the ISP is not acting as required, the social media site bans them and all customer email address are banned which may cause some customers to move ISP...

There is a difference between "free-speech" and "trolling"' and the difference is frequency of comment... not hard to track the frequency of comment, and comments receiving complaints for an email address and ISP.... patterns will emerge...

We must ensure email addresses are secure and can't be hacked or taken over... so it is a good time to consider a higher standard of email security full stop...

This is a heavy handed approach but it will do the job... doing nothing is not an option..

Look, we need to settle this right now.
Some of you support the metric system over the Imperial system (US).

The metric system just makes you lazy. All you have to do is move the decimal point.
Might be that Alzheimer's is caused by this very use of the metric system.
People (outside of the US) have become lazy when it comes to math.
They don't have to think anymore,

Example:

Problem in the US:
Gary the snail, can travel at 3 1/4 inches per minute. How long (in minutes) will it take Gary to travel the 5.126 miles to Elons house ?

Problem in the EU:
Gary the snail, can travel at 8.25 centimeters per minute. How long (in minutes) will it take Gary to travel the 8.25 kilometers to Elons house ?

SEE, those Europeans have it really easy, They are so lazy they cant use the one true system of measurements. The Imperial system.
Besides, The word "Imperial" just sounds more impressive than "metric".

PS: I hope Great Britain returns to the Imperial system after Brexit.

Last edited:
Fascinating tweet from Elon about AI taking over from human trolls on social media. Directly threatens forums like this one. The world urgently needs a “proof of human” mechanism. Ideally one per person - stymie the multi account trolls at the same time.

Twitter

I have far more concerns about the very real networks of TSLAQ trolls harassing owners on Twitter (generally people who've had an issue with something or another, and are thus vulnerable), organized via chat, while hiding the fact that they're short and pretending just to be "concerned citizens"

It doesn't take AI to cause problems; organized groups of humans do it just fine.

When you think about how that can be done, social media account must require a special email address which is a core IP Email address of a particular type not Gmail etc...

The user must establish their identity and bank account details with the ISP....

The ISP must be known and trusted by the social media site, some forms of trolling result in fines with the ISP must pass on to the customer, extreme forms of trolling result in bans and timeouts resulting in the customer losing internet access.... possibly only after regular bans on multiple sites..

If there is any evidence the ISP is not acting as required, the social media site bans them and all customer email address are banned which may cause some customers to move ISP...

There is a difference between "free-speech" and "trolling"' and the difference is frequency of comment... not hard to track the frequency of comment, and comments receiving complaints for an email address and ISP.... patterns will emerge...

We must ensure email addresses are secure and can't be hacked or taken over... so it is a good time to consider a higher standard of email security full stop...

This is a heavy handed approach but it will do the job... doing nothing is not an option..

I see many problems with your suggested approach, mainly regarding privacy.

Also, without the anonimity of the internet, activity and involvement by many internet-users would diminish greatly. That doesn't make them trolls necessarily.

I agree bots should be distinguishable from humans, but not by harming the humans. Rather go for the bots and their creators/users.

Reactions: acoste
TBH we are our own worst enemies. Occasionally people post misleading tweets full of lies on here which we all tut-at and shake our heads and get angry about, but how many of us maintain twitter accounts where we then reply to that tweet to correct the nonsense?
FWIW I have a twitter alt that does this all the time. its a hobby. its fun. I have to 'verify i'm human' every week or so because the TSLAQ muppets report me, but thats trivial, and its great to know I'm getting to them :D

Supercharge.info now confirming that the Canadian Electric Superhighway being built from Alberta to Ontario is all V3.

upload_2019-9-26_9-40-15.png

That was suspected (a couple stations had been confirmed, and they'd been building all up to the point of needing to install the chargers, then buggering off - as if they didn't have the charger supply yet). But apparently they're now confident enough to outright list them all as 250kW.

TBH we are our own worst enemies. Occasionally people post misleading tweets full of lies on here which we all tut-at and shake our heads and get angry about, but how many of us maintain twitter accounts where we then reply to that tweet to correct the nonsense?
FWIW I have a twitter alt that does this all the time. its a hobby. its fun. I have to 'verify i'm human' every week or so because the TSLAQ muppets report me, but thats trivial, and its great to know I'm getting to them :D

Hero.

I try to do this too when I have time. Just to let the people know that they're being targeted, and then to offer to help if there's anything I might be able to do.

I hope a lot more people do.

Really, though, Twitter should ban this sort of thing. It's a clear violation of their policy on undisclosed organized campaigns and hashtag pushing.

Perhaps a “vouch for” system would work. Manually ID 100 people. Have them vouch for their friends, then those people vouch for their friends etc. To be verified human you need a sufficient number of verified humans from diverse locations to vouch for you. Cheap, and always auditable back to the base 100.

Twitter

The dozens of fake Elon bitcoin giveaway replies just emphasize his point. Maybe his next unicorn startup will deal with this issue?

The dozens of fake Elon bitcoin giveaway replies just emphasize his point. Maybe his next unicorn startup will deal with this issue?

The fake Elon bitcoin giveaways are a real problem. It makes it hard to identify the real Elon bitcoin giveaway offers, like the one that's going to be sending me BTC any day now. ;)

I have far more concerns about the very real networks of TSLAQ trolls harassing owners on Twitter (generally people who've had an issue with something or another, and are thus vulnerable), organized via chat, while hiding the fact that they're short and pretending just to be "concerned citizens"

It doesn't take AI to cause problems; organized groups of humans do it just fine.

Sure, but Elon says “won’t be long” till the troll bots arrive. What is that? 6 years? 6 months? Take the above serious problem and multiply by the number of times you can clone an intelligent troll bot app. Almost limitless.