Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MarcusMaximus,
My goof,
The post you responded to omitted a very key word.
(see pics)

My apology for the confusion

There was no insult intended.
Opposite, in fact.

2019-5-23 fixed.JPG 2019-5-23 f wrong.JPG

Reactions: Duffer and Boomer19
Consumer Reports not happy the way the media is using their recent article to mislead:
Consumer Reports Not Thrilled By Misleading Navigate On Autopilot Headlines

They ought to read their own article. Anyone not totally familiar with Tesla AP, and some who are, will read the CR article to say simply that Tesla’s AP is unsafe and should be avoided. I posted a comment to the article on CR’s website to that effect:

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

FreqFlyer, do you believe the emails were intentionally leaked?

I am asking because I don't believe anyone here
a very sharp group...
nobody here believes these are Unintentional leaks.

Edit: omitted keyword "unintentional"
What's your point talking about "intention"? I did not see any language in the settlement that called for prior approval of "intentions" of private emails.:D

I know I'm going to hell but I don't care. Wouldn't it be great if a group of relatively unknown Tesla owners (3, S, and X) represented themselves to CNBC as folks who were very dissatisfied with their purchases and wanted to go on the network to talk about their experiences. Assuming CNBC was lax in their due diligence, these folks were actually Tesla enthusiasts and when asked to describe what their experiences were, gushed about their cars and how good the service and everything related to Tesla had been. Wonder how long it would take them to go to commercial?

I know it will never happen, but it's great to dream. Both sides can play this game and it's time for the enthusiasts to make some moves.

Last edited:
Eric Ries (Founder and CEO) proposed a Long-Term Stock Exchange, among other ideas, in his 2001 book The Lean Startup. After several years of some financial reforms but no one else appearing to champion the concept, he began organizing an LTSE himself in 2015. Marc Andreessen is a co-founder and backer.

LTSE

Having done ~30 years of tech startups and been there and done that, I’ve never understood the worship the tech world has for Eric Reis. I attended a seminar of his once and my impression that he was a tech hustler was, for me at least, confirmed. The idea he’s behind LTSE does not inspire confidence and makes me think “hustle” all over again. I hope Tesla stays away.

Basic economics (my own level of understanding) would suggest that this will lead to a gradual reduction in ride-sharing pricing due to competition. If the profit level is that high, then enough people will 'rent' out their Teslas so that it will no longer be quite as profitable, since there is not unlimited demand for ride-sharing services.
That will tend to happen, BUT if ride sharing is as cheap and available as Tesla wants, fewer people will bother to buy cars so demand for rides will go up which is an opposing driver for price/profits.

They ought to read their own article. Anyone not totally familiar with Tesla AP, and some who are, will read the CR article to say simply that Tesla’s AP is unsafe and should be avoided. I posted a comment to the article on CR’s website to that effect:

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

so basically consumer reports said that the media took their article out of context. they go on cnbc, seemingly to describe this, and cnbc twists it to make it look like consumer reports is reiterating what the media said about the article to be true, not what consumer reports actually said

...and to make the car seem unsafe.

the past few weeks have been the most egregious attack. clearly doubling and tripling down on trying to cut the head off the snake by attacking demand - attempting to scare anyone off that even thinks of buying a tesla. even though ap, in its current state, is better than any other drivers assist package on road.

but this is ok with everyone?

...cnbc

meanwhile we’ve spent 7 hours arguing how and why an email was leaked - i give up. let it die. our system sucks. it’s disgraceful to be part of it

FreqFlyer

I saw positive spin in all of them
"belt tightening" aimed at stockholder morale, hang in there...
Mar 21, car deliveries being a top priority "good problem to have"
Stop the leaks leak, revealed bad actors within TSLA
Now this one affirming production

They are all positive, or affirm what fans are thinking

Its war
Biggest thing to me, is we do not see
leaks from the rest of the company

This I take as a good thing.
People all on the same page

Still like Ford as primary suitor
second, Toyota/Panasonic

Elon only needs about 9B now for control

so basically consumer reports said that the media took their article out of context. they go on cnbc, seemingly to describe this, and cnbc twists it to make it look like consumer reports is reiterating what the media said about the article to be true, not what consumer reports actually said

...and to make the car seem unsafe.

the past few weeks have been the most egregious attack. clearly doubling and tripling down on trying to cut the head off the snake by attacking demand - attempting to scare anyone off that even thinks of buying a tesla. even though ap, in its current state, is better than any other drivers assist package on road.

but this is ok with everyone?

...cnbc

meanwhile we’ve spent 7 hours arguing how and why an email was leaked - i give up. let it die. our system sucks. it’s disgraceful to be part of it
I watched Jake Fisher (editor at CR) on CNBC. In my view, he did nothing to dissuade CNBC (or anyone else) of its narrative regarding the CR article.

For anyone interested:

We aren't ready for autonomous driving, Tesla's autopilot update proves it: Consumer Reports' Fisher

And before you ask me, @Icer, no, I do not think these are emails made to leak.

Have you ever worked in a huge corporation before? This is the easiest way for the top management to get a message out to all the staff in as efficient way as possible. Last week's leak was encouraging some belt-tightening, this week's email egging them on for good production and deliveries.

Seems very normal CEO behaviour to me.

Has SEC got a case to go after them. Seems to me they would look for any reason to bring them down at this point.

Maybe Tesla (not Elon) should do as Fairfax Financial did and gather all the evidence that exists about how Chanos and crew and specific shorts deliberately lied and misrepresented Tesla and Solar City in order to drive the price down and sue them collectively for illegal market manipulation, slander, and libel! At the very least it would get all of this sugar out into the public eye and perhaps put the fear of dog in them, much like in the Fairfax example.

Thoughts?

Maybe Tesla (not Elon) should do as Fairfax Financial did and gather all the evidence that exists about how Chanos and crew and specific shorts deliberately lied and misrepresented Tesla and Solar City in order to drive the price down and sue them collectively for illegal market manipulation, slander, and libel! At the very least it would get all of this sugar out into the public eye and perhaps put the fear of dog in them, much like in the Fairfax example.

Thoughts?

I’d rather Tesla and Elon spend the effort on overdelivering to cause a short squeeze. Hurting these short SOBs in the wallet does more to them than some libel case they can weasel out of.

Has SEC got a case to go after them. Seems to me they would look for any reason to bring them down at this point.

I think trying to censure a CEO from internal company emails would be a no-go under any circumstances.

Zack could send the same email, would also get leaked - might even have more impact given Elon's poor standing right now.