Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never believe those "Elon is tweeting coded messages" theories, but the phrasing of his tweet is too specific to not be a little suspicious.

If you type into Google `"polynesian elevator music" -tesla` that specific phrase has only been written on the internet 7 times. Snake Jazz is a reference to memes, but Polynesian elevator music isn't a thing...
Wait....how did we go from snake jazz to Polynesian elevator music? So confused (as I usually am by tweets):rolleyes:

You know what millionaires say, "The first million was the hardest."
I’ve been thinking about that, but there is nothing special about one million. The same goes for, for example 100k or 1 billion. It is due to the property of exponential Growth (and the duration during which that growth occurs).

it takes quite a number of doublings before your reach 1M. Already the next one brings you to two.

It's curiously satisfying to see TSLA soar past your birth year and keep on going.

Careful, there's a few here where they passed their birth year earlier this week, won't name names...

And seriously, WTF. Previous close bear-raid (check), gloom and doom - stating the obvious from the Fed (check), pre-market manipulation pushing the stock down (check). OK, a good day to set a sell order for the "weird strike" call I need to roll and hey, look at the open, promising, wooo $1896, it triggered, OK, it goes down, now to rebuy a normalised post-splitterino strike.

And vacation strikes - wifi not working, 4G signal dropping out, can't login to broker. No stress, it's pretty static, capped at $1890. Until...

OK, got back in, 16/10 c1380 rolled to 20/11 c1500 - might even work out better as it takes in earnings, which are going to stupefy the stupid this time!! $57k premium for both, in case you're wondering... Already had >2x on the call I rolled.

This is like saying that people who are happy and confident tend to live longer. No lesson. Not news.

Maybe you should short AMZN because they haven't split?

On the contrary, a split IS news, and the coverage of the topic is very poor. The AMZN reference is not relevant to this discussion and your suggestion is illogical (not sure which logical fallacy fits, but it's there, I'm sure):

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

As to why this DOES matter, well, let the data speak for itself:

Stock Splits - Research Says Stock Splits Beat The Market

The split stock group performed 8% better than the control group after one year, and 16% better after three years.

And:

Does a Stock Price Typically Go Up After a Forward Split?

Please advise if you feel the studies methodology were flawed or otherwise in error, or if you have any contradictory data.

Thank you.

Careful, there's a few here where they passed their birth year earlier this week, won't name names...

And seriously, WTF. Previous close bear-raid (check), gloom and doom - stating the obvious from the Fed (check), pre-market manipulation pushing the stock down (check). OK, a good day to set a sell order for the "weird strike" call I need to roll and hey, look at the open, promising, wooo $1896, it triggered, OK, it goes down, now to rebuy a normalised post-splitterino strike.

And vacation strikes - wifi not working, 4G signal dropping out, can't login to broker. No stress, it's pretty static, capped at $1890. Until...

OK, got back in, 16/10 c1380 rolled to 20/11 c1500 - might even work out better as it takes in earnings, which are going to stupefy the stupid this time!! $57k premium for both, in case you're wondering... Already had >2x on the call I rolled.
so what you're saying is:

upload_2020-8-20_9-20-26.png

@Krugerrand would be awed by your spiderweb basket weaving prowess.

I think we might have to hold a moment of silence for the TMC poster who opened 9x $1,830 - $1,930 straddle yesterday. That trade must be starting to get quite painful at this point.

He sold 19 iron condors between 1830 and 1930. The combination of calls and puts bought and sold result in a profit as long as the stock stays between 1830 and 1930. It's a play against volatility. And breakout above or below the range results in a loss, however the loss is capped.
Sold 19 iron condor range of 1830 and 1930

I think MM will keep it in that range for the week

Cost me 5k for the trade profit at 13k if it ends the week in that range

I toyed with opening a straddle of buying calls and puts at the same strike of $1900, but I was passed my risk tolerance of how much margin I wanted to use so I decided to sit on my hands. Straddles are a play for volatility where it doesn't matter if the price is up or down; both result in a profit. A loss occurs if we get sideways price movement through option expiration.

Rip to the iron condor trade

I’ve been thinking about that, but there is nothing special about one million. The same goes for, for example 100k or 1 billion. It is due to the property of exponential Growth (and the duration during which that growth occurs).

it takes quite a number of doublings before your reach 1M. Already the next one brings you to two.
That's why the first million is the hardest. As is the first of any round number. ;)

Gary keeps raising his target almost everyday lol

View attachment 578606

I noticed my options are not growing that much they been stock between 40-45 shares for a while. When is the IV coming back?
Indeed! It's like the option fairy had been watching over us up till a month or so ago.

IS she ever coming back? Either way I'm very content - she was here when we needed her.