Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1.47M shares traded in the past 15 min. We got a RUNNER!

New intraday ATM: $1,952.38

36wveo.jpg

Cheers to the LONGS!
Someone had a double colonoscopy, followed by a hemorrhoidectomy today

I think we might have to hold a moment of silence for the TMC poster who opened 9x $1,830 - $1,930 straddle yesterday. That trade must be starting to get quite painful at this point.
Nawrh, I like da guy that sold 10% of his TSLA yesterday (above $1900 no less!) because he herd there's worry ahead... :p

Cheers!

On the contrary, a split IS news, and the coverage of the topic is very poor. The AMZN reference is not relevant to this discussion and your suggestion is illogical (not sure which logical fallacy fits, but it's there, I'm sure):

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

As to why this DOES matter, well, let the data speak for itself:

Stock Splits - Research Says Stock Splits Beat The Market

The split stock group performed 8% better than the control group after one year, and 16% better after three years.

And:

Does a Stock Price Typically Go Up After a Forward Split?

Please advise if you feel the studies methodology were flawed or otherwise in error, or if you have any contradictory data.

Thank you.
Correlation is not causation. Looking at actual data apparently doesn't cause you to understand what you're seeing (although if you're lucky it's correlated). Perhaps you would do well to peruse the spurious correlations site. Actually, everyone would no doubt enjoy learning of the close relationship between the number of suicides by hanging, strangulation and suffocation and the number of lawyers in North Carolina.

Well, tomorrow is the start of the 1 week "lock up period" (Aug 21-28) after which the 5 for 1 split will officially take place. Do we know exactly what's going to happen this coming week? Probably nothing, since there is no reason to buy or sell during a lock up period?
Hopefully, Giga Austin gets a week closer to making my Cybertruck. :)

Umm there's a very obvious reason as to why people are speculating. Seeing a stock go up or down throughout a day, even 4-7% is nothing to speculate about.

Seeing a stock go completely vertical in the matter of 5 mins on very strong volume is very much worth speculating. Could be nothing of course. But what happened 20-30 minsa go was very unnatural stock trading action
Not for TSLA it isn't.

You new here???

Wow, there's a huge new hit piece in Forbes.com, but then there's this at the end:

Disclosure: David Trainer, Kyle Guske II, and Matt Shuler receive no compensation to write about any specific stock, sector, style, or theme.

How can this be true? I can only assume, given the vast number of absurd statements and assumptions in the article, that there are shorts involved here.

Obviously, they recieve compensation for writing about multiple stocks in multiple sectors and some are bullish and others are bearish! ;)