Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not an expert in options, but I did take some finance courses. By buying and selling a series of call options at different strike prices, you can create a butterfly spread. The net result is profit if the stock price does not move. Is this what is happening with TSLA or does theory not work in practice?

In stock as volatile as TESLA, movement is expected.

If that is true then it is likely Taycan sales surpassed Model S sales.

Porsche Taycan Sales Hit Almost 4,500 In First Half Of 2020

time for the Model S plaid to launch.

Haven't driven a Taycan yet, but it's amazing the traction they are generating at their price points.

Great to see more EV's and keeps the pressure on TSLA to keep innovating.

Would LOVE to see a 6 speed manual 911 EV. Yes the 6 speed would slow it down, but it would be a fun car. failing that just a 911 ev.

Yeah, I struggle to keep my mouth shut every time I am in an ICE car for any reason. Especially with friends, don’t want to sound like the cult member that I am all the time.

ICE cars are a herky jerky abomination of noise and fumes. Just don’t get the love for them on any level.

I just watched Now You Know, the Osborne Effect. The part about not letting ICE owners drive a BEV made so much sense. (Sorry, hybrids don't count). I always assumed it was about them losing money on low EV margins and loss of Service work, but that was only part of it. And I agree, "... most of the world doesn't get it yet." And they won't for still some time because their only trusted favorite supplier won't let them know. "It's coming next year, but have you consider this <POS> ICE with all those knobs you trust? Besides, it's more within your budget, and charging..." This is the stuff my brother heard just asking for fun. I might try this myself. Oh, but I'd have to drive there in an ICE... this might not happen then. Anyone here try to pretend buy a "competitor" BEV? Still the same?

I totally forgot to mention that one of TSLAQ's recent proclamations is that Elon orchestrating the resignation of Bolivian President Evo Morales in order to take control of their lithium supply. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

upload_2020-7-17_13-48-9.jpeg

This one is from Fidelity- under options - key statistics tab.
I don’t usually look at that as much, only did today because of the funny business that occurred last week. You are probably right about the vertical spreads.

Do you know why some of these are red font? Just curious. Not that I am going to use the info, I wouldn’t know how to use it anyways.

Ah thanks, I have a Fidelity account and I found the table.

I don't know for certain what the colors mean, but that was bothering me too, and I think I may have a guess:

It looks like red means that the trade was made at the bid price, green was made at the ask price, and black is in the middle. I'm not entirely sure how to use that information either.

Perhaps an opportunity for Tesla to start giving all of its cars more imaginative names than Model letter or number. Roadster and Cybertruck are good starts, but other clever names may also prove to be more enticing in the post-early-adopters era. :cool:
I dunno. Might be better not to give Elon the opportunity. They’ll all end up with Spaceballs or Monty Python connotations.

I have a question.......how can a stock land on 1500.00 exactly..... does someone “ call it what it is and they go with that ahead of some sort of larger manipulation?
What happens is all the big boys get on a Zoom call and say..'look, we really need this at $1500 so we can make $10 million....then once the options have expired, we'll regroup and discuss again, same time, same place next week....hope it doesn't get out of hand next week' :p:p