Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2020-7-17_12-13-27.png

Did Ross G. get hacked?? :)

After dealing with a rental ICE car in Colorado for 4 days so far I've decided to double my price target on TSLA. So now it's "a lot" * 2.

Yeah, I struggle to keep my mouth shut every time I am in an ICE car for any reason. Especially with friends, don’t want to sound like the cult member that I am all the time.

ICE cars are a herky jerky abomination of noise and fumes. Just don’t get the love for them on any level.

IV is creeping up. Some options I bought an hour ago are up even though the stock is a few points down.

This is a monthly options expiration day. A cursory review of TSLA options open interest and trading volume makes it appear that $1500 would be the most profitable closing share price target for big options writers (mainly hedge funds and market makers) with the ability to manipulate. The stock's trading volume today is relatively light, which would make it easier for them. But news or investor interest could upset their plans.

Call me a pessimist on this S&P, I fully expect huge scrutiny on Q2 Earnings - something buried deep in the details that most couldn't even explain or attempt to understand, and that's their cover. It buys time about whether profit was real or not. Only argument against inclusion as that S&P might lose credibility, but I bet that's the risk they'll take. I really hope I'm wrong, but like the $420 effect on SP, this too would be short lived.

I'm cautious here because this stuff happens with TSLA and many here have lived through the BS. Options are a really bad idea now IMHO unless leaps of the longest kind. When I see questions like when's the time of day I can close my Option position... Careful people another attack pending earnings... either way I'm HODLing. (Maybe I should show that 5 yr chart again where you'd swear TSLA was standing still doing nothing for years.)
I think the index wants Tesla in ASAP now that the market cap has increased so much.

Weird disruptions in their index is the last thing they want as it reduces their legitimacy