Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeez, that’s further away than I thought it would be. I am not complaining, I’m happy that he announced anything at all, but didn’t Tesla have to have their shareholder meeting by July? Is a two month skip OK for that?

Delaying the shareholder meeting is fine due to extenuating circumstances (COVID).

Last edited:
The swirls are probably in the SS because that's how they wanted it to look. Any polishing compound would likely be hard/abrasive enough to leave swirls (or it wouldn't be capable of polishing it). The beauty of having such a material exposed is it can look however you want it to look depending upon how fine you go with the grit. Polish it to a mirror finish if you like but then it's going to highlight the slight waviness of the material. I'll probably experiment a bit but end up with a satin finish, kind of shiny but not mirror like.

The possibilities are endless. You could use a medium grit and a longboard worked in a linear fashion, using a different angle of stroke for the different panels to highlight the geometric shapes of each panel/crease.

Or you could give it a "shaggy" appearance like hair on an animal:
images

With a rough texture you could mask off portions and polish just those portions to a mirror finish to create a water scene, a racing stripe or a subtle company logo. The only limit is your imagination.

What do you think about a wrap on the CT as Elon mentioned? I kind of like a more rugged look, but a matte black or charcoal might look good, too. Agree, lots of options.

They lowered AP from $3k to $2k. FSD still requires AP. Hopefully they don’t back out of the buy one get one free deal. Hopefully in the middle of coding.

This should be a nice income boost.

That AP sale is only good until July 1st, so make sure to spread the word so as many people can take advantage of it as want to. (Last time there was a sale on FSD there were a number of people were upset that they missed it.)

Where ever they have it, the pilot line should have been running for a while now, by Sept they would be confident they had ironed out any issue and ready to scale out.

Those plaid S prototypes could have been using the new cells who knows.

Yes, I think cell production implies a bit more than a pilot line... which also means the cells are going to be used in a product.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I got a place across from Indian Gardens in Sedona and my AP1 P85D takes the curves until the new roundabout. Pretty good for older tech.
When our Model 3 was born, the Model S was better at practically everything - it aged very well.
To be fair, I was testing the 3 on the paved road to Red Rock Crossing. Likely a less travelled road and hairpin turns everywhere.

Reactions: berryja
Possible, but what I see are long swirls in an arc, as if done by hand, no doubt by someone who does not know how to properly wash a panel in order to minimize swirls. It clearly was not done with a polisher, unless it was someone who wanted to make the hood look like crap, IMHO.

You are thinking old-school paint, perfection and tradition, etc. Times are a-changing. Not as many people put perfection on a pedestal anymore - it's about what resonates and what makes sense. There is something liberating about not having to babysit a fragile and expensive paint job.

Jeez, that’s further away than I thought it would be. I am not complaining, I’m happy that he announced anything at all, but didn’t Tesla have to have their shareholder meeting by July? Is a two month skip OK for that?

@willow_hiller sussed that for us: (tl;dr Delaware law allows this postponement)

Cheers!

Just checked Delaware law, they're fine to postpone: Delaware Governor Issues Order Clarifying Notice Requirements for Virtual-Only Shareholder Meetings due to COVID-19

"The order also provides if it is impracticable to convene a currently noticed meeting of shareholders at the physical location originally noticed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company may adjourn the meeting to another date or time, to be held by means of remote communication by providing notice of the date and time and the means of remote communication in an SEC filing with a press release promptly posted on the company’s website after release. "

Looks like Model Y deliveries in Vancouver, BC will be happening before the end of the quarter. I received this text today:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be delivered between 6/24 - 6/27 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model Y is built.

Please be prepared to take delivery as soon as your Model Y is ready.

Elon on Twitter:

"Tentative date for Tesla Shareholder Meeting & Battery Day is Sept 15. Will include tour of cell production system." 9:11 PM (PDT) Jun 21, 2020

Tesla Owners East Bay Replying to @elonmusk
"So definitely in Fremont?"

Elon Musk
"Yes"

Lol, nailed it: (#167361 on May 29, 2020) :p

The Bty Day "Live In-person" event could then be combined with the launch of the Plaid Model S/X, if that vehicle does in fact use Tesla's new bty tech from a pilot bty line in Fremont.

But remember, due to the shutdown, that timeline is shifted fwd about 7 weeks. So my current guess is, AGM/Bty video on July 7th, followed by a "Live, In-person" Bty Day event in Sept to launch Plaid S/X and demo the bty tech.

Cheers!

Last edited: