Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

My crystal ball says this Ford EV will never be released, because Cybertruck will be so superior that Ford will realize they can't sell enough to justify the tooling and brand damage. Or they will be bankrupt by then.

This sad story has historical precedent. In 2015, Infinity canceled their electric LE after they saw Model S and thought: Hmm, back to the drawing board.
https://www.cars.com/articles/infiniti-cancels-electric-car-plans-1420662986218/

FB_IMG_1591851821673.jpg

Contract manufacturing is about building to the OEM (Tesla) specs. Tesla would 100% control the design including the frame and cab. These may even be components supplied by a Tesla supplier or made by Tesla.

You are assuming there is a truck OEM that has enough expertise to build to Tesla specs and could do it at a cost-competitive price compared to Tesla.

Innovation doesn't end at the design - it extends to the production. Tesla is known to rapidly reiterate improvements during production. They would lose that advantage if they farmed it out. For example, there is not an OEM out there that could build Tesla's Cybertruck without doing major learning. This is what Tesla is doing right now in preparation for initial production.

Contract manufacturing for Tesla? Can we stop with the silly talk? It would be like Apple farming out product design and user interface or Amazon farming out their website design.

Hmmmm... this turned around quickly.... :D I almost got a hint how it feels to be a $TSLAQ shortseller :cool:

FFS people, grow a pair!!

all those: "Elon hurt my feelings because of his tweets; he shoudn't say that! " postings! :rolleyes: Get out of $TSLA and buy shares of Tupperware instead :D

Embrace the volatility!! As a long TSLA-bull, we were born and raised during major swings, FUD & Elon tweets :D

What has changed in the past 24 hours about Tesla? NOTHING!

We know Q2 is going to suck; you want to make more money during a risky time? This is it! Use this time to get more rich!!
So sit still / buy more shares!. But don't panic sell.
This was just a few weeks ago....

Someone on CNBC (I think Phil Lebeau) was saying he's hearing chatter about Tesla possibly buying SpaceX. Adding SpaceX for around 25% dilution? YES PLEASE.
How about Tesla buying Starlink rather than going through IPO?

With all the things on the horizon I’m tempted to buy June 17, 2022 $1,800 calls.
Battery Day
V2G?
SemI
Cybertruck
Robotaxis (long shot IMO)
I looked at these - $178
I bought June 21 $1200s instead at $202 - now at 207
View attachment 550249 Anybody know what happened to TT007 ?
Retired, last seen testing out @Krugerrand 's island.

The known specs and features of the Semi are so amazing I don't see how they could be meaningfully improved unless you are thinking they could further extend the range or lower the price.

After reflecting on this some of the priorities are:-
  • Reduced Weight
  • Reduced Cost
  • More Efficient
  • Easier to Build
  • More Reliable
  • More Range
  • More Amenity
The customer might not see More Range or Lower Cost, because Tesla might simply use fewer cells, and increase margins.

However, the customer will see Reduced Weight and some of the other benefits..

After reflecting on this some of the priorities are:-
  • Reduced Weight
  • Reduced Cost
  • More Efficient
  • Easier to Build
  • More Reliable
  • More Range
  • More Amenity
The customer might not see More Range or Lower Cost, because Tesla might simply use fewer cells, and increase margins.

However, the customer will see Reduced Weight and some of the other benefits..

How could they improve the weight spec if it hasn't been released? Same for efficiency, build difficulty, reliability, etc. We were talking about Tesla announcing improvements to the specs already released.

• Informative
Reactions: MC3OZ
The reason for discrepancies in reporting on Toyota's marketcap is that Toyota holds 30b$ in US treasuries.
So their marketcap is 180b excluding those and 210b including.

There is no need to account for debt or assets a company holds when determining market cap. Those things are already valued by the share price.

How could they improve the weight spec if it hasn't been released? Same for efficiency, build difficulty, reliability, etc. We were talking about Tesla announcing improvements to the specs already released.

I would be surprised if customers didn't ask how much weight they can put in the trailer, any reduction the the weight of truck increases that number.

But you are right that isn't a published spec, perhaps customers don't know any more than we do.

And I accidentally wandered off on a tangent, so point taken.

View attachment 550249 Anybody know what happened to TT007 ?
reactivated
was going to disappear and go under the radar but frankly $twtr too much fun
made my twitter account protected instead of deleting it altogether
since i hit the ranks of super-rich i am in a different ball-game now

come to think of it over the next several days i will be eliminating most of my $twtr followers except only select few who can see my tweets and will decide on new followers on a case by case basis

Last edited:
reactivated
was going to disappear and go under the radar but frankly $twtr too much fun
made my twitter account protected instead of deleting it altogether
since i hit the ranks of super-rich i am in a different ball-game now

Do we dare say the B word ?

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBILIONAIRE ?

EDIT: My measly few millions are due to your postings 2 years ago.

Last edited: