Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That CNBC story was published more than 2 hours ago, $TSLA started climbing 90 minutes back. Are the algos so slow to react? I don't think so. This is something else IMO. Might be news we don't know or perhaps the MM's moving the Max Pain goalposts or just dicking with call buyers...?

Yeah definitely don't think it's algo's looking at the buy volume now. Large buys coming in. I certainly don't want to jinx this move lol but it seems like the large buys coming in are also too big for MM's to playing any sort of games. The buying volume could dry up though and MM's walk it back down.

That CNBC story was published more than 2 hours ago, $TSLA started climbing 90 minutes back. Are the algos so slow to react? I don't think so. This is something else IMO. Might be news we don't know or perhaps the MM's moving the Max Pain goalposts or just dicking with call buyers...?
I can do a whole conspiracy right now but long story short I'm not buying it.

The demise of ICE vehicles is a double edged sword. As used vehicle prices plummet, and dealer incentives increase, this will take sales away from Tesla.

LOL! The big automakers have been matching production to demand for decades and they don't like to get more than 6 months ahead of demand. So, unless they want to go bankrupt even faster they will get even better at curtailing production as soon as they see the problem so they can let inventory clear out. This is a temporary situation unless the big OEM's are even more out of touch than I thought. If anything, the incrementally lower volumes of ICE sales and manufacture each year will make them more expensive than they would have been, not less. The big OEM's (if they are still in business) will need to make a higher margin on each car sold just to cover fixed expenses. And they have huge fixed expenses!

So, with the exception of normal short-term over-stock situations, they will either go bankrupt sooner or raise their margin per car sooner.

Reactions: Eugene Ash
Fair enough, we're all guessing here. But I do play weekly options and see the same recurring patterns.
I meant I didn't buy this spike, not that I didn't buy your theory. Like you said, we're all just guessing here. The big purchase of 900c earlier this week and this suspicious rally on seemingly non-news and speculation on something big tomorrow all seems like another attempt to dick FOMO call buyers. IV has been very low this week so I wouldn't surprised to see this as an attempt to juice it.

I meant I didn't buy this spike, not that I didn't buy your theory. Like you said, we're all just guessing here. The big purchase of 900c earlier this week and this suspicious rally on seemingly non-news and speculation on something big tomorrow all seems like another attempt to dick FOMO call buyers. IV has been very low this week so I wouldn't surprised to see this as an attempt to juice it.

While I'm inclined to believe the buying is authentic buyers because the large blocks instead of a steady stream of small blocks, The MM's could always ride that buying volume to the upside and then push it back down tomorrow. That would be playing with fire though because say some sort of news does come out tomorrow or a fund randomly decides that they're going to start accumulating....it's only a 3% gain from this level to break 850, which I think someone pointed out would be the worst case money wise for the MM's.

While I'm inclined to believe the buying is authentic buyers because the large blocks instead of a steady stream of small blocks, The MM's could always ride that buying volume to the upside and then push it back down tomorrow. That would be playing with fire though because say some sort of news does come out tomorrow or a fund randomly decides that they're going to start accumulating....it's only a 3% gain from this level to break 850, which I think someone pointed out would be the worst case money wise for the MM's.

They sure are trying AH. Down from 827.60 to 821 in ten minutes.

allow me present my conspiracy theory
Step 1: buy a bunch of ATM calls Yesterday someone bought $200k in OTM TSLA calls expiring Friday : wallstreetbets
Will Meade on Twitter
Step 2: make it known that you made the purchase, hinting at something going down on Friday (GF announcement, seriously? Elon kinda did it in March. Why would the exact location matter?)
Step 3: have CNBC come out with some sort of half ass positive news
Step 4: buy a bunch of shares
Step 5: cash out your calls
Step 6: sell the shares you just bought
I love how TSLA has slowly turned me into Charlie, just less insane.