Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious how closing Fremont would work anyway. Do you think the people that voluntarily showed up to work are the ones that think they should be sitting at home? Or do you think they are the ones that think the government is overburdening them?

Is the county going to summon the national guard? I don't know if a few police with a warrant is going to do much against thousands of workers that think it is their right to work in a factory that is listed as one that can open (in their (and my) opinion).

How does that play out on the national scene? Here in the midwest we have people with weapons protesting the stay at home orders (which I think is dumb). This could go sideways very fast if the government tries to show force. Lets hope Californians are a bit more relaxed.

There will be examples from across the country where larger interests (such as the 150 people that run the World according to Chamath) will influence the timing and the manner in which we return to 'normal' for their personal financial interests. Tesla is not a favorite of some of these people as we have long known while observing the $10+ Billion short against it for many years. People that believe everyone within their favored political party only wears white cowboy hats and that everyone in the 'other' political party only wears black cowboy hats will struggle with this for a while. But in the long run and to the greater good of the country, the recovery from this pandemic will reveal how a large number of both parties that have pretended for a long time to be very different from their opposition party are simply tools of a higher power. Those masks are starting to become more transparent as each day goes by. We are starting to see who is behind the mask Gov Newsom has been wearing as he continues to find ways to not support Tesla's effort to fully open Fremont despite Tesla's proven ability to manage GF3 and all Tier 1-4 suppliers in China through this pandemic.

17.2M shares short as of 4/30, down 2.9M shares from 4/15:

Tesla Daily on Twitter

upload_2020-5-11_13-14-14.png

lmao this thread really has just become a cheerleading section. IF Tesla HQ really does move to Texas don't expect more than 60% of employees to stay on board. It probably won't happen as it was probably just another impulsive move by Musk that he will eventually reconsider. Also shutting down Fremont when Tesla is production constrained and it would take a year+ to set up a NA factory is insane.

It is sad to watch the quality of this board degrade so fast. There used to be a lot of critical thinking sadly those posters are basically all gone. It was very apparent around the clearly stupid and impulsive "close all stores" and then "reopen all stores" was praised and anyone doing any critical thinking was heavily downvoted. Not everything is 4d chess.

Musk has been reckless and impulsive about his tactics regarding re-opening the factory because he frankly has been reckless and impulsive about the entire covid-19 crisis. It is all in the public record for everyone to see his downplaying, minimization, conspiracy theories and embrace of bad science to push a false narrative regarding C19. His inability to understand the severity of covid19, and frankly his disgusting embrace of conspiracy theories because of his absurd hubris is why he's gone with this shock and awe strategy because he's looking at the virus through a completely different and wrong lens than the people making these decisions. It is why he is more willing to accuse politicians of doing this on purpose as fascism, and threaten lawsuits than a more tactful public approach led with employee safety that doesn't turn people off (yes yes I know the cheerleaders will tell me that was on purpose and now Musk/Tesla will be some conservative hero so please save that nonsense)

Before Q3 19, and specifically during the M3 ramp, the conversation was a lot more balanced, and therefore valuable, here. Now, any comment that isn’t gushing with Tesla praise is met with a flurry of dislikes (my last only got 37 disagrees - how disappointing). I think so few dissenting voices can be interpreted two ways - 1) valuable contributors that could admit Tesla had shortcomings have left and only blind followers remain or 2) Tesla has become incredibly overvalued given the current situation and a reasonable pullback over the next 2Q is probable. (And let the thumbs down begin...)

I got back into TSLA today. While I was out this week, I played three stocks to do well after their earnings reports. They were companies actually benefiting from the coranavirus lockdown. I got lucky with all of them, ATVI, BYND and PTON, then quickly cashed out. Today I also bought IIVI for its earnings report coming on Monday, and SFM which reported its earnings on Tuesday but is strong technically. :cool:
IIVI - After hours 44.00 +7.76 (21.41%)

Thanks Curt, you and one other poster are pretty much the only reason I sift through this thread.

Hush, you dirty communist. Worker ownership of the means of production is straight out of Marx.

(Kidding on the first part, not the second.)

I don't know if the workers union owns shares, but individual workers might. The crapitalists are definitely representing capital. You probably know aside from his polemical stuff economic historians highly rate Das Kapital's description of the economy at the time. I haven't read it so ymmv. Not an advice, either. Much like Kant, the verb is in the last page.

Updated my post above but Newsom expects they can open next week. Ah another question. This on relocation and the Western State pack and companies relocating to states where health concerns are different. Newsom is talking about Elon and Tesla. He feels we can work thru issues with County and Tesla in the next week.

and another question saying Tesla opened this morning and did he speak with Elon. He says he’s not aware of a reopening today. Says he spoke with him (or them?) a few days ago. Great....audio cut out in broadcast and don’t know what was said. Interesting time for audio to cut out!

one more Tesla question. Asking about sanctioning given tons of cars are in parking lot. He says when he stepped up to the podium he hadn’t heard that. Basically said he will be checking in with County.

that was last question. He’s done.
Regarding the question on possible sanctions against Tesla for reopening already, I believe he said 'that is a county level issue so you have to ask the county about that.'

Newsom was clear that under the state guidelines, Tesla was a manufacturer and that they were clear to open but that the county still has final say. He said the state was going to be working with the county to resolve the situation.

Elon just now thanking Newsom: Elon Musk on Twitter

Regarding the question on possible sanctions against Tesla for reopening already, I believe he said 'that is a county level issue so you have to ask the county about that.'

Newsom was clear that under the state guidelines, Tesla was a manufacturer and that they were clear to open but that the county still has final say. He said the state was going to be working with the county to resolve the situation.

Elon just now thanking Newsom: Elon Musk on Twitter

and
Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk
Tesla is restarting production today against Alameda County rules. I will be on the line with everyone else. If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me.
Elon Musk on Twitter