Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
False bottoms, naked shorts....Is it getting warm in here?
Aaahhh - in the days of my youth once every year Dad would come home with the annual parody, the Ball Street Journal. My memory is not what it once was so nowadays I can remember only some 99% of its jokes and cartoons, of which approximately 99% are not repeatable here:p

One reason for the drop could be our old friend Lora and her roumor mill:

tesla_covid19-png.521247

Source: @EinSV in The Coronavirus thread: Coronavirus
Any workers too weak to survive the Coronavirus were probably a drag on Tesla in the first place. The weak ones got a little money, partied too hard and became sickly, and stopped being able to make anything good, and are now ripe pickings for a takeout flu. The idea Coronavirus will hurt Tesla’s factory workers long term is absurd. The dead ones won’t be zombies running the machines backwards — that’s scifi! Tesla will just hire recovered healthy people immune to the flu like always. The planet has lots of people on it. Lots will survive!!

hmm regardless I came away from the article with it pointing out cases are sometimes won or lost by not only who the presiding judge is but how as a defendant you present yourself. On this SolarCity case it specifically describes what they’ve seen of the judge and how Elon in past cases has presented in other cases in court (varies). Thought this was all valid points. Don’t see this as a hit piece but more simply recognizing like in jury selection other things can come into play.
when the article starts with misrepresentation (I quoted it) I don't usually bother with the rest. Are you part of the lawsuit suing Musk? Is any member of TMC who holds shares a party to the lawsuit? How about Cathy Woods? Or any other large shareholder?

No. I was being nice about it, but that is lying. I'm not interested in what other fabrications, misrepresentations and spin the author can concoct. What you indicate is simply common knowledge about jury trials. It was much bandied about with the pedo trial. And, yet, it didn't work out for the anti-Musk faction.

The reality is that, in the case of Solar City, everyone else settled to rid themselves of it. Musk isn't settling and I applaud him for that. I had a close brush with a nuisance suit (timing wise it was close-ish to my being named on it, I feel lucky) that my employer eventually settled to make it go away. The nuisance immediately violated the terms of the settlement, but due to ineptness and naivete on the part of some people was able to get away with it. That's right: they got the money and continued with lying defamation.

Some bugs are worth squashing.

Any workers too weak to survive the Coronavirus were probably a drag on Tesla in the first place. The weak ones got a little money, partied too hard and became sickly, and stopped being able to make anything good, and are now ripe pickings for a takeout flu. The idea Coronavirus will hurt Tesla’s factory workers long term is absurd. The dead ones won’t be zombies running the machines backwards — that’s scifi! Tesla will just hire recovered healthy people immune to the flu like always.
Wow. My “Ignore” finger is getting a workout this week.

Please share how to identify the bottom if you don't mind.
That’s the trick. Short term trades can’t time it well. Long term trades will do great at this price and anything below 750 and maybe 1,000 for the next year. Tesla will have great marketshare coming in at least 4 years, so lots of future upswing time til then. It could be a while before that matures, maybe 1.5 years.

Reactions: Fobble
Well when I talk about Tesla I rarely mention Climate Change, but when I see stuff like this I wonder how the hell Tesla is down 10%!
ESA EarthObservation on Twitter
One of the curious things to come out of Italy is how much pollution is dropped off without people going places or working. Imagine a world where you could go places and work and still breathe this clean air! Humans are dumbasses

yes I have read post after post of MM being the impetus. But I do not know how they find the shares available to use the strategy. And how it can be such a dramatic drop. And they can do it day after day.
There is virtually no limit to the number of virtual shares they can create. They have thirteen days to cover, which means in practice they are never required to cover.

"Direct messaging you".

What a vulture. Is this Lora woman really without scrupules?

Edit, she also tweeted this:

"Alameda County, home of the Tesla Fremont factory, has had 7 covid-19 cases confirmed as of March 12 according to the public health website for the county. If you work or worked for Tesla and want to talk about how the company is handling coronavirus, hmu: [email protected]"

Lora Kolodny on Twitter
I love this reply to her post:

If you work for CNBC and you know how Lora contracted TSLAQ or how she is getting subsidised by $TSLAQ please make youtube video about it.

@CNBC
Alex_85S on Twitter

Musk has to defend it because everyone else caved, deciding that a settlement to make the lawsuit go away was worth it. Musk has stuck to his principles and will be defending them in court. But this is not news. And the article was misleadingly framed. I do not recommend reading it.
I am not saying that the article is objective, but it is the best piece I have seen about the trial on Monday if you wonder about the issues there. The upcoming trial gives also a motication for short attack today to diminish the effect of Musk's powerful defense that TSLA shareholders have not been losing since the deal as the share price is much higher since then. (whether that is because of the solarcity buyout or not that is another question. My irrelevant position is that this was a bailout of solarcity that overall for various reasons was a good deal for Tesla, but of course nobody asked me about it in the litigation. And of course, nobody asked me whether I wanted to be represented in the class action by lead plaintiffs and I really do not want them to do it. Thank you.)

Any workers too weak to survive the Coronavirus were probably a drag on Tesla in the first place. The weak ones got a little money, partied too hard and became sickly, and stopped being able to make anything good, and are now ripe pickings for a takeout flu. The idea Coronavirus will hurt Tesla’s factory workers long term is absurd. The dead ones won’t be zombies running the machines backwards — that’s scifi! Tesla will just hire recovered healthy people immune to the flu like always. The planet has lots of people on it. Lots will survive!!
You forgot the /s

Ground levelling at GF Berlin:

Zombies. /s

Fake. /s

Oh wait, Tesla is a growth revenue reinvesting company with more customers than it can make cars for, and it’s building huge factories in paralell. In parallel. No one wants Tesla to turn a profit so they reinvest everything. Eventually Tesla will have to turn a profit, when the marketplace is saturated (transpo+solar+electric storage, trillions of dollars and decades to go), and our shares will mature, but they’re barely beginning. ICEheads forget or don’t realize most kids don’t want smelly loud cars and more coal pollution: that’s a minority of the population.