Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
level.png

@GF4Tesla..️️.build #GigaBerlin. on Twitter

A mega rave cave. Like an underground nightclub. Most likely a joke, but with Elon who knows?

i would be more likely to consider it a joke if it came from anyone other than Elon.

i mean, everyone also thought he was joking about the flamethrower, the monty python tower, and launching his roadster into outer friggin space. a rave cave would not make the top 10 most ridiculous things he's made happen.

Any ideas about what Elon means with this "Mega-cave" under the Berlin Giga?

Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon talked about building a discothèque at the new Gigafactory. You know, so you want to go to work 'cuz its a FUN place to be... :p

I think its a callback to Elon dancing on stage during the ceremony for the new Gigafactory in Shanghai.

Fun Fact: Elon turned his College Dorm room into a disco/nightclub to help pay the bills.

Cheers!

i would be more likely to consider it a joke if it came from anyone other than Elon.

i mean, everyone also thought he was joking about the flamethrower, the monty python tower, and launching his roadster into outer friggin space. a rave cave would not make the top 10 most ridiculous things he's made happen.

Still hasn't made the roller coaster at GF1 ;)

On top of the ventilated seats, sunroof, HUD...I will tell you what my KIA soul EV has over my model X. Accurate range display. The Kia tells you near exactly how much range you have left. The Tesla overestimates by. WHOPpING 35 to 45 per cent (2016 p90d). The Kia also has satellite radio...and it is often we do not have cell service, which makes streaming frustrating.

Would you really trade the panoramic front windshield for a sunroof? I think the presence of one excludes the other.

If you’re talking about the range remaining on the battery remaining gauge, change that over to percentage already. Use the energy graph combined with having your destination programmed into the Nav system when you need an accurate range prediction.

Kudos to Kia though. I think they make the most compelling BEVs for folks with a Model 3 budget, not a Model S/X budget. With Korea having both LG and Samsung as major battery and electronic suppliers, I could see Hyundai/Kia becoming the number 2 BEV manufacturer, after Tesla.

Wish that was true.

Biogen is on lockdown in Boston, RDU and one other location. This is a byproduct of a conference in Boston whereby someone brought the disease ( California based employee? ) and therefore 23 of 135 are known to date to have tested positive.

One of the employees got sick in the 1st but then proceeded to work in RDU from 2-5 and then flew back to Indiana while pretty sick.

Don’t know Biogen’s “work pressure” but clearly this employee should have stayed away. This ties to Karen’s worry that US employees will go to work while sick (my older son is a scientist and they also have “work pressure” to come in despite being sick).

Senior Mgt/HR have their head in the sand in this one.

Also, a couple of British citizens are “locked down” in Vietnam due to getting virus form someone who was on the flight (two rows ahead) and just had travelled from Milan.

Conclusion: still a risk to fly.
Amazing. From the name one might conclude that these are "professionals" when it comes to biohazards. And still ... :rolleyes:
That's American work ethics, wut? :mad:

Any ideas about what Elon means with this "Mega-cave" under the Berlin Giga?

Elon Musk on Twitter

Berlin is famous for its no-holds-barred raves.

(My personal guess, formed in the 80'ies is that due to the city being mostly cutoff from any rural influence for a few decades, they developed a uniquely condensed city-culture there).

If you were holding July calls at 780 and 820 (call debit spreads so my cost is only about 2500 each) would you consider selling today, taking the loss, and using that capital to buy back in when/if SP drops again? Hypothetically of course as I'd never ask for advice. ;)
Still hasn't made the roller coaster at GF1 ;)
Any employee who owns TSLA already has roller coaster access.